ONE

//

//

"It's summer Stanley! Come one get more excited about it!" the brown haired girl chirped to the curly headed boy next to her. Today was their last day in 8th grade, they are finally moving up to high school once summer break is over.

Stanley forced a smile for the girls sake even though she could tell when the smile of his was fake. Of course Stan was excited for summer but he didn't show it which made bailey mentally roll her eyes at the boy.

Bailey knew her and her friends were going to have a wild summer full of fun adventures, that's what made her most excited. Her friends were pretty much the closest thing she had to family right now. Her dad had died a month back, it hit the whole entire Lane family pretty hard but it hit Mrs. Lane the hardest. She completely shut her daughter out, acted as though she didn't even exist. The thing was Bailey never blamed her mom for her actions, she just believed she couldn't cope with the loss of her husband so she's taking time by herself.

Even though she didn't have a dad, or a mom that acknowledged her existence she still walked around with a bubbly personality and a wide smile on her face. That's what Stanley admired most about her, even though she was hurting, and everyone knew she was, she still flaunted down the street with a smile and no care in the world.

"Time is going so slow why can't the bell just ring already." Bailey dramatically sighed and laid her on the tan colored desk. Just as soon as she was going to close her eyes the school bell rang and she jolted up from her seat grabbing Stanley's hand in hers and bolted out of the classroom. They stopped at his locker first to grab his books and bag, them the two of them made their way over to baileys locker.

"Hey babe how are you today?" Bailey heard a familiar voice say in front of her. Her head shot up to see her good ole friend Richie Tozier. For the few years she has known Richie, he has done nothing but flirt with her in hope that she'd one day fall madly in love with him. That definitely was not happening.

"Shut it tozier" she rolled her eyes playfully at the boy and opened her locker taking out the notebooks and papers she did not need anymore.

"Come on bails we all know you want me." Richie smirked at her earning yet another eye roll.

"In your dreams Richard, when will you realize I don't want you in that way." Bailey shook her head and chuckled a bit.

"H-hey guys ready f-for summer?" Bailey turned around to see her other friends Bill and Eddie walking up behind them. She flashed a smile to both boys and nodded.

Bailey grabbed her stuff in her hands getting it ready to be thrown out. At the end of every school year the five of them would take all their papers & books they didn't need anymore and toss em away in the trash outside of school.