SIX

//

//

They had arrived at Bens house hopping off their bikes and tossing them onto the tint lawn. Beverly, Bill and Ben made their way up to the porch as Bailey stood next to Stanley and she watched him knock down his kickstand not wanting to toss his bike like the others. Bailey just shook her head at the boy and chuckled, the two started to walk up with the rest Richie following behind them when Bailey heard a crash come from in back of them. She turned around and seen Eddie on the ground, she realized he tripped over his own bike.

"Eddie are you alright?" She asked bending down to where he was, she examined his face for any marks along with his legs and arms. After not finding any she helped him up from the ground and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. Stanley stood waiting for the two while everyone went inside. Bailey smiled at Stanley for staying and the three of them walked into Bens house and up to his room.

The three entered the room and instantly their eyes fixated on the walls that were covered with newspaper article clippings and photos. Everyone stared in amazement seeing that everything on the wall seemed to be about Derry, stuff they never knew.

"What's that?" Stan asked Ben as he pointed up to a clipping on the wall.

"That? That's the charter for Derry township." Ben answered him.

'Nerd alert." Richie spoke in a weird voice looking at Ben.

Bailey scored and slapped his shoulder. "You're the one that's the nerd, with those huge ass glasses Richie." She said to him rolling her eyes. Stan and Eddie held back a laugh.

"It's really interesting. Derry started as a beaver trapping camp-" Ben tried to continue but was once again cut off by Richie.

"Still is, am I right boys?" Richie joked holding up his hand for a high five. The three stood there looking at him with straight faces not moving a muscle.

"Ninety-one people signed the charter that made Derry. But later that winter, they all disappeared without a trace." Ben finally finished. Bailey eyes opened slightly in surprise that all those people could disappear and no one know why or how.

"The entire camp?" She questioned him suddenly more interested in all of the history.

"There were rumors of Indians but no sign of an attack. Everyone thought it was a plague or something. But it's like-" Ben explained until Bailey spoke up in a calm but frightened voice.

"Everyone just up and left." She said with Ben nodding in agreement.

"All that was left was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the well house." He said staring at the photo on his wall.