NINE

//

//

Everyone stepped into Bills garage standing around as he and Ben hung up a map onto the wall. A screen projector was placed in the middle of the garage it filled with different slides. Bill turned back toward it and placed a slide into it and it projected onto the map. The map was of Derry and the slide was showing all the pipelines of the town. Everyone sat around the projector silently looking up towards the map waiting for Bill to explain what he was showing all of them.

"look, that's where g-g-georgie disappeared," i looked up at bill then to stanley with a sad look spread across my face. "there's the ironworks and the black spot. everywhere i-it happens is all connected by the sewers and they all meet up at the-" he continued but got cut off by ben looking up at the wall amazed.

"the well house." everyone looked around the room at each other with scared looks on their faces.

"that's the house on neboilt street isn't it?" bailey asked them and bill nodded towards her.

"you mean that creepy old house where all those junkies and hobos like to sleep?" richie said disgusted while thinking about it. eddie started to breath heavily making bailey and richie turn their heads towards him.

"i hate that house, i always feel like it's watching me." beverly shuddered at the thought of it. bill kept his eyes faced at the wall listening to everyone, he knew georgie was there, he just knew.

"that's where i saw it," eddie choked out he sounded like a 65 year old smoker when he tried to talk. "that's where i saw the clown." everyone looked at him besides bill. they saw how traumatic that event was to eddie just by the look on his face when he talked about it. she felt for him.

"t-t-t-thats where i-it lives." bill told everyone and as he spoke the room seemed to feel more and more dark. it didn't feel comforting in there like it did minutes ago, it started to feel evil.

"i cant imagine anything wanting to live there." stanley looked over at bailey and they made small eye contact for a few seconds before she broke it to look at eddie as he puffed on his inhaler. she placed a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. before he jumped up from his seat standing in front of the screen.

"can't we stop talking about this?" he flailed his arm in front of himself and started stammering on his words. "i-i-i can barely breath i-it's summer, we're kids, i can barely breath i'm having a fucking asthma attack." his words quickened and his small voice raised a little bit by the end of his sentence. everyone just stared at him and looked at each other not knowing what to do.

"eddie calm down." bailey tried standing up to reach out for him but he turned around ripping the map off the wall making her fall back a little by his sudden outburst. stanley grabbed ahold of her hand making sure she didn't fall back and get hurt.

"what the hell! put the map back." bill yelled to eddie pointing at it for him to pick it up. eddie started to shake his head towards bill.

"wait guys, what's that clicking?" bailey stopped everyone for a moment and looked towards the projector clips as they started to move to each slide. each one of them being the denbroughs family photos from a vacation.

"what's going on?" bill said watching the pictures pop up one by one. mike stood up and tried unplugging or fixing the projector. bills eyes stayed plastered on the wall as more photos popped up.

the same picture get popping up each time getting closer and closer to georgie before turning up to mrs. denbrough. her hair was going crazing covering her whole face each time it got closer and closer to her.

"bill." stanley whimpered freaked out at what was going on. bailey looked at him and grabbed a hold of his hand giving it a tight squeeze. she looked back up to the picture and mrs. denbroughs face started to turn sickly white and a sinister laugh echoed throughout the garage making herself and stanley jump back a little.

as the hair moved more and more out the the way they all could finally make out the face to be IT. everyone jumped from their chairs and started to back away from the screen as much as they could.

"what the fuck is that!" richie screeched grabbing ahold of eddie pulling him closer to himself. bailey and stanley were still holding hands trying to move out of the way from the projector and trying not to knock eddie and richie down.

bill stood there watching as ITs face was finally clear of the hair and stared into the room. bailey let go of stanley's hand as she tried to get back further but also wanting to pull bill back with her.

"turn it off!" beverly yelled at no one in particular just wanting someone to shut the stupid thing off. mike came over and kicked down the stand with it on making most of the slides fall out but the projector was still working. it was still showing pictures of IT but this time he was distorted each time it showed. stanley was slowing backing closer to the wall where the picture was not realizing how close he'd actually need getting to it.

"stan! stanley!" bailey yelled out to him but he was frozen watching the photos go by one by one until there was nothing in the picture. stanley's shoulder relaxed before it clicked again this time having IT appear in the garage.

everyone started screaming and tripping over one another as IT moved closer to them. stanley ran over to them falling into bailey and she gripped her arm around his waist pulling him as close to her as possible. they watched as IT found his way over to beverly growling as his hand reached out to grab her.

"beverly no!" bailey yelled out and watched as her back hit against the wall sliding down it covering her face as IT screamed louder and louder. ben tumbled his way over to the door pulling it over letting light shine through the garage making IT disappear. bev was sat on the floor shaking with her face still covered then she lowered her hands slowly as the screaming faded away.

bailey ran over to her pulling her into a hug, a tight bone crushing hug. the redhead hugged back just as tight and said a quick thank you to ben who had pulled the door open.

"IT knows where we are." eddie frantically spoke to bill holding his inhaler in one hand.

"it always knew," bill said to eddie moving past him out of the garage and over to the bikes. "so l-l-let's go." he finished looking back at all his friends who stared at him terrified.

"go where?" beverly and ben said at the same time looking at him confused.

"n-neboilt." he replied "that's where g-g-g-georgie is." he said with sad eyes. stan shook his head looking at him and back in the garage.

"after that?" he said bluntly not wanting to go on anymore of bills crazy adventures.

"yeah, it's summer, we should be outside." richie told him in a soft spoken voice. one bailey hasn't heard from him before so she knew richie was scared and didn't want to go along with this plan anymore.

"it's you say it's summer one more f-fucking time." bill stuttered throwing his hands around a bit. he stood there for a second before turning around and hopping onto his bike riding off as bailey and bev tried calling after him.

bailey knew this was not going to end well but she hopped onto her bike anyway and started riding after bill.

(not edited)