• THREE | TO BE A KINGSMAN •

THREE.

TO BE A KINGSMAN

— Ⓚ —

ROSALIE HART

"You really think he's the one?" I ask my father with a smirk and crossed arms. I'm no longer wearing my Kingsman glasses seeing as there is no point in recording what is happening within our home. The glasses just bother me anyway, seeing as they always slide down my face, and I don't even actually need glasses.

My father and I are in his office, huddling in front of his computer, checking up on Eggsy after having picked up Henry from his orientation. With my father sitting in his desk chair, I am left standing at his side with Chef curling up next to my feet. Seeing as the only other chairs are on the other side of the desk and I wouldn't be able to see the screen otherwise, I'm left standing. It doesn't matter though, seeing as we can only really hear everything and just see where Eggsy is location-wise since I only placed a small microphone and tracker on Eggsy's shoulder blade when I put my hand on his shoulder in the pub.

"You don't?" My father counters back, and I just let out an annoyed sigh. If my father thought this is the recruit he is looking for, I admit I may think he has completely lost his mind.

"Eggsy wouldn't survive the training," I reply, the bitterness and jealousy clear as day in my tone. Now that I have finally met the boy my father has been keeping his eyes on for seventeen years, the distaste is very evident. I can't believe the boy my father has been balancing his time between all these years is nothing more than a simple street kid who appears hardly anything but special.

"What makes you think that? If he's anything like his father, he's more than Kingsman material."

"I give him the first week."

"I'll take that bet."

"Looks like he's finally made it home," I observe watching the screen in front of us with Eggsy's location, a picture from his time in the military, a short bio summary, and audio bar while we listen to the giant speakers in the corners of the office.

"Let's hope he kept his promise."

"He better or I'll kick his arse," I retorted, and I heard the faintest laugh from my father.

We hear the sound of keys jingling as he unlocked what I guess has to have been the door to his house in a small apartment complex. We hear a quick shuffle of feet and the sound of a panicky stricken female's voice echo through the speakers. "Eggsy, just go! Please, because he's gonna—NO!" She suddenly screams as there is a sharp sound of a fist colliding with bone and a quick, painful cry from Eggsy.