• FOUR | GOOD NIGHT REST MY ASS •

FOUR.

GOOD NIGHT REST MY ASS

— Ⓚ —

GARY "EGGSY" UNWIN

As soon as I open the door, the thick suctioning sound of the door hisses open, and eight pairs of eyes swivel in my direction just as the door slams shut behind me. Six boys and two girls stop whatever it is they were discussing and give me a glance over. Their precise posture with thrown back shoulders, chins lifted, and stiff spines are a clear indication of their silver spoon upbringings. A significant lump forms in my throat the second I realize that I am the only chav while the rest are dressed up in their fancy posh and freshly ironed outfits.

"Fall in," a voice calls out in a thick Scottish accent, barely even giving me time to take in the windowless dark green room with plain beds and metal lockers.

The bald man from outside steps into the room staring at us severely with dark gray eyes through a pair of thick-rimmed glasses. A stiffly buttoned shirt is covered with a thick wool sweater but adorned with a tie, so he still looks fashionable. I'm guessing everyone at Kingsman dresses in posh outfits. Carrying his clipboard, his shoulders straight and rigid, he then proceeds to check, what I presume to be, my name on his clipboard seeing as I am the last person to arrive.

However, before the door manages to shut behind him, all too familiar fair-skinned legs with the sound of clicking heels echoing throughout the room, reveal Rosalie as her hips sashayed into the room. Her sweet look from earlier has been wiped clean off her face, having replaced it with a hard-cold look. My eyebrows furrow in confusion as I watch her stand next to Merlin with her hip cocked to the side and her eyes surveying the other recruits.

What in the world is she doing here?

Nevertheless, I make my way over to the lineup that has formed and stand at the end of the line. After observing the group, with everyone's hands placed behind their backs and their feet shoulder-width apart, I quickly mirror them so as not to look like the idiot outsider, which I painstakingly am.

"You could have held the door open for me," Rosalie sasses the Scottish man with humor in her eyes directed at him.

"I didn't realize you weren't capable of pushing a door open," the man sasses back, earning an eye roll from Rosalie, but a smile rests on the edge of her lips before being quickly replaced by the look of an actual hardcore agent.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Merlin," the bald man with glasses introduces himself as he holds his clipboard in front of him and glares at us with a scrutinizing gaze, sizing us up. "And this is Agent Victoria. You are about to embark on what is probably the most dangerous job interview in the world. One of you, and only one of you, will become the next Lancelot."