• TWELVE | THE FINAL TASK •

TWELVE.

THE FINAL TASK

— Ⓚ —

GARY "EGGSY" UNWIN

"This is a butter knife. It's the only one you need to remember. The rest of the cutlery is easy. You start from the outside and work your way in with each course. And never let anyone describe you as HKLP," Harry then said sternly, honestly startling me a bit.

"What's that?" I asked not quite following.

"Holds Knife Like Pen," Henry then stated as he glanced at me with a frown as if I was stupid for asking that. I guess it serves me right, everyone in the Hart family would have been trained from a young age on etiquette, no doubt Henry was well aware of the proper table manners. Every so often I would hear little snickers from Henry watching me during this lesson considering I didn't know what the fuck I was doing.

"A habit erroneously believed to be upper class dining etiquette. It is quite the opposite," Harry instructed clearly as he then moved on to the glasses. "White wine, pudding wine, red wine, water, and pop," he explained as he motioned to each glass according to their beverage, which honestly, I was only halfway following since I was balancing listening to him and fighting my raging headache. Partially from a hangover and partially because there were so many rules just to eat food.

Harry then lifted the top off the bowl of warm soup he prepared before Henry and I came downstairs to eat. Although, instead of eating, he was doing a great job of postponing the meal to go through the table etiquette I clearly missed out on that day it snowed at the Kingsman manor when Rosalie and Merlin were teaching us. Harry also certainly didn't care about letting me recover from my terrible hangover since, as he said in his own words, "it was our own shitty decision."

Harry had jumped straight into lectures and I was currently sitting down with Harry at the head of the dining table with Henry sitting across the table from me patiently for the bowl of soup I was currently pouring into my bowl. "Am I supposed to wait for everyone to be served before I start eatin'?" I asked before passing the soup to Henry who eagerly took it from me.

"Only if the dish being served is cold. Or if the Queen is present," Henry answered with a bit of sass at the last part. "Otherwise tuck in." 

"Morning, Henry," Rosalie pipped up cheerfully upon entering the room, already dressed for the day in a black crepe mini dress and a yellow rushed sleeve blazer. The pink sandal heels came as no surprise seeing as she always wore heels with her outfits. She hardly even appeared hungover too as she just waltzed through the room, pressing a kiss to the top of Henry's head and then moving on to her father. "Morning, dad," she greeting kissing Harry's cheek.