• ELEVEN | A PROPER MARTINI •

ELEVEN.

A PROPER MARTINI

— Ⓚ —

GARY "EGGSY" UNWIN

Ten months. I've been training with Kingsman for ten months, as crazy as that sounds.

The chilly temperatures were long gone and we were finally in the beginning of spring. Sure enough, Rosalie's outfits didn't consist of thick coats and sweaters anymore, but her floral dresses and tight skirts once again. She had been increasingly distant over the last couple of months since her dad came out of his coma and after the incident with Marcus. Upon further investigation, I had discovered that Marcus was actually her ex-boyfriend. Clearly it must not have ended well considering what Rosalie did to him in the boxing ring.

It was really starting to bother me how after all this time the more I spent time around Rosalie the more I found myself falling for her. Even all that time she spends avoiding me, it only caused me to find myself even more attracted to her. It was weird enough that my charm wasn't working on her, but what bothered me more was the fact that her charm was working on me. And from what I could tell, she only seemed to view me as a good friend, and at the moment we weren't even on speaking terms. Bullocks.

I was sitting in the barracks with Roxy and Charlie with J.B. curled up on my lap watching the news. It seemed with each passing month the list of missing celebrities and dignitaries only grew with still no answers. While we watched the news play out moving onto Valentine's SIM cards he had announced only four months prior, he had actually started giving them out a month ago.

The door opened and in strutted Merlin. Roxy quickly turned off the TV as the three of us jumped to our feet, me with J.B. in my arms. "At ease," Merlin exclaimed and the three of us returned back to our seats. "So, you thought we were done for the day, huh?" Merlin asked us before handing each of us a file with our names on them. "Well we're not."

Roxy and Charlie opened their envelopes, Charlie pulling out a picture of a beautiful brunette woman and Roxy pulling out an invitation. Reaching in mine, I pulled out the same invitation as Roxy and frowned at the details. "A party?" Roxy queried, eyeing the invitation.

"Tonight, in London," Merlin confirmed.

"Who's this?" Charlie inquired with an excited smile as he held up his picture of the brunette in the black and white photograph.

"Your target," Merlin answered. "Your mission is to use your NLP training to win over the individual in the photograph in your envelope. And when I say 'win over,' I do mean in the biblical sense. Each individual is an agent who works here at Kingsman. So they will not only will you need to impress them, but you will need to prove to them that you have been listening to the lessons."