Chapter 6- Going back 'home'

"Wait w-what!" I screamed and ran over to my mirror.
My pink heart stickers had peeled off and were stuck to my top, showing the broken black hearts underneath.
"Marco I-I." I started, Marco shushed me.
"Who are you Star, have you been lying to me?"
"N-no Marco I-I," I stuttered.
I sighed.
"Marco I think you need to know the truth, I just can't hide it from you anymore."
He looked shocked, but he nodded.
I bit my bottom lip.
"Don't look." I got up and went to my wardrobe.
I found my black dress and lipstick and changed into them.
I replaced my mascara and took of the contacts.
"Marco, look at me."
He looked over and he went pale.
"You look, n-nice Star, but why didn't you dress like that in the first place?" He rubbed the back of his head.
I shook my head and shrugged, "I had to."
"But why star."
"Listen, my name is Karina and I'm not from here."
"Well sta- Karina, I know your not from here, your from America, right?"
"Well yeah, I guess." I shrugged, I wasn't going to tell him why I was here, right?
"Karina, why did you fake your identity." Marco put his hand on my shoulder, I shrugged him off.
"The people I lived with made me, I don't have parents, no one has ever really loved me before." I sighed and he looked at me sympathetically, "They died when I was young."
"I-I'm sorry."
I shook my head, "That's not the whole reason."
"I'm here because," I was luckily saved by my phone ringing, I picked it up and held my finger up to marco to signal him to wait.
"Hey Karina, we have a problem." Ludo sounded urgent.
"What's up?"
"I can't tell you but, we need to test Marco, now, we're coming to pick you up in 5, be ready."
"W-wait."
He ended the call.
"Hey Marco, how about you meet my second parents." I laughed nervously.
"Sounds cool." He nodded and walked out the room.
I wiped a tear away and changed into my star butterfly outfit.