Early bird gets the worm

Chapter One.

~Rapunzel~

It was the first day of senior year and as of right now, it was going to be a perfect day! The sky was clear, the summer air still warm but not exactly hot anymore.

I got ready for school earlier than I normally would. Class president should be early on the first day, right? Oh, maybe not but I am way to excited to stay in bed any longer. As my cousin, Anna, would say: "the sky's awake so I'm awake!".

I brushed the bed head out of my hair. Maybe it's about time to get a trim.. Oh, what if I dyed it brown? Brunette looked more sophisticated, didn't it? Whatever, I thought and shrugged, pulling my waist long blonde hair into a lose ponytail. I like it more natural anyway.

My phone started buzzing while I was pulling on light blue skinny jeans.

"Good morning, Mer." I greeted my best friend.

Merida DunBroch and I had knew each other basically all our lives. Our parents are really close, like her parents were my godparents, and mine were hers kind of close.

"Hey, I need a ride. I've got a flat."

"Oh, Good morning to you too, Rapunzel.", I said sarcastically. "Don't you have a spare tire, Mer?"

Merida snorted, I could practically see her eyes rolling at me, "I forgot to replace the last one."

"Alright, loser. I'll be there soon" I said goodbye, quickly pulled on my daisy printed Toms and left.

---------

I pulled up to Merida's house, and honked the horn. Both are parents worked, and her trouble making triplet little brothers had school so I didn't have to worry about waking any of them up. But she did have neighbors.. My bad..

"I'm cominggggg" Merida yelled while locking her front door behind her. She wore high waisted shorts and a simple green shirt that she'd tucked in; green was definitely her color. It went get great with her red curls, which she left to do their own wild thing as usual.

"Are you excited, Mer??" I beamed at her as she got in my VW bug, and started to pull away from her house.

"Only you could be excited about the end of summer, Ms. President." she smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "come on, we're finally seniors! You can't say that's not exciting!"

Laughing, "alright, alright! It is, but I already miss sleeping late."

"Me too.", I nodded. Sleep was pretty great, and endless days on the beach... But, I couldn't shake this great feeling about this school year. It was going to be amazing.

---------

---------

Well, that's it for now! Sorry if it's short but I hope whoever reads this likes it cx

More to come, of course!(:

Okie dokie, Bye!

-Serena