Spirit Week?

~Rapunzel~

It had been about 2 months since we had all met Jack and became friends. Our little group of four had grown so close, spending every weekend together.

Except for this one.

It was the last weekend before Spirit Week, and ALOT had to be done. Every grade had their 'homecoming' committee come in Saturday morning to decorate their respected hallway with their respected theme. This years theme day was basically big cities in the United States. As seniors we got the most famous, New York City. Juniors got Miami, Sophomores had Hollywood, and the Freshmen -getting the worst as usual- D.C.. Don't get me wrong, Washington D.C. is amazing but as a spirit week theme? It was not good.

Looking around the main lobby, I put my hands on my hips. Okay, we'll put painting of the skyline over top of the windows for the office.. Then the Statue of Liberty down that way.. Time square over there.. Lucky we got the most room of all the grades. The lobby and then a small hall way that went all the way around the guidance office. We could make those look more downtown/urbanish.

I clapped my hands, "okay! Tooth? Help me hang this up? I think we'll need a latter..".

Toothiana smiled, squealed, and jogged of to get a latter. She was a colorful girl, personality wise and physically. She had black hair, with multiple blue, green, and even some yellow highlights. She was alittle invasive, especially if she liked your smile, but her nice and bubbly attitude definitely made up for it.

Oh! Sandy! I'll need his help! I looked around for him and felt myself smile when I did find him.

Sandy kept to himself most of the time but he was so nice! So creative too! He was so good at creating stories, and he didn't even write them. All his stories were made souly out of pictures. It was amazing. Sandy was mute and also the reason I had decided to take American Sign Language classes during my sophomore year.

I hurried over to him, and gently grabbed his arm. Sandy turned and smiled at me.

I smiled back and signed as much as I knew, "Hey, Sandy. I was thinking we could cover the back hall with the paintings of the store fronts". Lucky he could hear, so if my speech didn't match my signs he could correct me.

I paused, he nodded letting me know I was doing fine. "I thought it would be cool if you sprayed some 'graffiti' on them?".

Sandy beamed and signed that he loved the idea. Amazing, now to get everything hung up.

---------

The weekend went by quick, and everything came together perfectly for our hallway. Hopefully, the grades got along just as well.

It was Monday morning now; Wacky Tacky Day. I had fish nets over pink tights, black shorts, purple tutu. One boot, one Tom. Tank top covered by crop top. Half my hair teased up and the other pulled into a pig tail. I was a mess, it was perfect.

I had already arrived at school, and was looking over the front lobby again. I smiled, "we're definitely winning the spirit stick".

My phone started ringing, I smiled when reading the caller id. Jack.

"Goodmorning, Mr.Frost."

"Hello, Rapunzel. So, I was going to arrive early this morning and scare you but it seems I can't get the door opened."

My brow wrinkled in confusion, "what?" I turned around to look at the doors and laughed.

Jack was standing with his forehead again the door in defeat. His hair was perfectly messy, as always, but he had definitely tried to look ridiculous. Too bad he always looks so good..