Sorry for the wait, guys

~Rapunzel~

We set up plans for that night, just Jack and I. He wanted to have dinner and talk about what had happened between us. This is totally going to end badly. Hiccup and Merida bailed after breakfast to go out together. Leaving Jack and I alone to quickly set up plans before I pretended to be late to work.

I needed to just apologize, as soon as I saw him again. I should not have let my feelings get in the way of our friendship, I should not have gotten jealous over nothing. Maybe I could pay for our dinner to make up for it..

The day went by too quickly, even though I did nothing but twiddle my thumbs for hours worrying about tonight.

Looking at myself one more time in the mirror, I nervously pulled the sweater sleeves over my hands. I hadn't changed since this morning, only switching from comfy shoes to booties. I tried not to think about how badly things were about to go as I grabbed my keys and left my house.

I ended up getting to the restaurant before Jack. Of course, I was almost 15 minutes early. Like usual. Jack would probably be late, like usual. I felt myself smile fondly as I wondered where or who he learned his time management skills from.

It was almost 6:30, and the sun was starting to set. The blue sky shifting towards purple and pink. It was beautiful, and somehow gave me the feeling that everything would be okay. Jack and I could work this out, and we could get our friendship back.

---------

~Jack~

6:35.

Fuck.

I was 5 minutes late. I had tried so hard to be on time tonight. So fucking hard. How was I suppose to show her that I wanted her in my life when I couldn't even be on time to a stupid date.

I parked next to Rapunzel when I pulled up, hoping that she had not been there too long. Knowing her, she probably had been.

I willed myself to casually walk into the restaurant; I wanted her to know I was sincere but not seem like an over eager creep. The hostess seemed to look me over before pointing out where Rapunzel was seated.

Fuck.

She's beautiful. Rapunzel sat, facing towards me but her eyes were glued out the window. The sunlight made her skin glow, as did the small smile on her lips. I was speechless.

She looked over, and sat up a little more as I came over. With a small wave, she greeted me, "Hey, Jack".

I choked on my words for a second before relaxing into my usual smirk, "Sorry I'm late, princess".

Rapunzel shrugged as her smile grew, "you're still earlier than I expected you would be".

I rolled my eyes, "you have such low expectations of me".

She stiffened alittle. A small amount of regret went through my body. Too soon to joke about this.

~Rapunzel~

I felt my spirits fall a bit, my eyes going down to my hands.

"Jack, I'm sorry about before. I got emotion over nothin-"

"No"

I looked up at him. He was so handsome when he was serious, although I discovered then that I preferred his smile. Jacks jaw tightened, and I had to focus my thoughts on our conversation instead of how much I wanted to touch it.

He ran a hand through his hair, "no, Rapunzel. I'm the one that needs to apologize".

I don't understand. Jack didn't do anything wrong..

His eyes looked like he needed me to understand, needed me to accept his apology, "I knew what I was doing when I flirted with you, and I know that I shouldn't have acted that way with Tooth too. Even if I hadn't grown the balls to actually ask you on a dat-"

I gasped involuntarily at his language, causing Jack to pause and smirk at me.

He reached over and began to play with my fingers, "Excuse my language, Punzel, but it would be a great fucking honor if you would go out with me sometime".

The blush rushed into my cheeks. I took his hand, "We're out right now, aren't we?"

---------

(Monday morning, 7:15am)

~Jack~

Beep beep beep

I groaned, and quickly punched my alarm clock to make the noise stop.

Sighing, I sat up and rubbed my face. Remembering last night. I felt myself smile.

Today was going to be good. No more ignoring Rapunzel and sulking around the hallways. Maybe I'll even be early today..

..
...
..

Beeeep beep beeep

I jumped, looking quickly at my phone.

7:50am.

Fuck, I fell back asleep??

Guess I won't be early..

---------

I managed to get to school just before the last bell rang at 8. I ran into my favorite school office as I tried to sneak past the lady at the front desk.

"Jack, what are you doing?", Rapunzel looked down at me as I crouched infront of the desk.

I stood up, stretching, "I.. dropped something..?"

The blonde beauty smirked at me, "what? Your perfect attendance?"

I felt myself mirror her expression, I loved when she got sassy with me, "I don't suppose you could help me find it, Duchess?".

Things were definitely going back to normal around here.

*********

Wow.. um, it's been awhile.. I don't even feel like sorry is enough to say to you all. Thanks for sticking around.<3

I'm going to work on this more often, classes are slowing down.(:
I actually graduate really soon, May 28th. I'm so nervous, but anyway.

I've been in a real need for more Jackunzel, so here you go!<3 Maybe I'll try to do shorts for Jackunzel Week too? I'll post them in my other story if I do!(:

Xoxo,
Serena.(: