Halloween problems

~Jack~

Work? On Halloween? They cannot be serious.

I sighed, and desperatly tried to come up with a valid reason for why i couldn't come into work today. Rapunzel was throwing a party, a proper party that I was not going to miss, but I couldn't just tell them that.

I had the day off already, but that Australian douche called out 'sick' so they needed me to fill in. Aster was a real piece of work. I knew he wasn't sick, he was going to the party and had to screw me out of it.

'Jack, he's not so bad.'

I could practically hear Rapunzel scolding me for my rude thoughts.

I fumbled with my phone. Maybe I'll just not call them back.. I mean, they already gave me the day off. They can't be upset if I'm busy. Whatever, that's just what I'll do. Not my problem they let Aster suddenly take the day off.

With my decision, I shoved my phone into my back pocket and threw on a hoodie. Rapunzel had taken control of my costume fate, and demanded I get to her house early. I didn't want to think about the torture I was going to go through once I got there.

---------

It was official. I was never going to get use to Punzels house. How did I ever become friends with someone so well off? How was it that she didn't at like a snob? I better her parents are snobby. I had yet to meet them yet, some how they were never there when we all got together. Mother Gothel always was. She usually left after we got there but I always saw her at least once a visit.

Today the gate was left unlocked, so no one would have to sit and constantly be letting people into the house. Pulling up, I saw Rapunzel leaning up on the balcony above the front porch hanging decorative lights. Her hair hung loose, the way I preferred it. A pink top hugged her in all the right ways and had shifted up, showing just a bit of her hip bones. Light blue jeans topped it all off, they were ripped and worn down.

I yelled to her when I got out of my car. She had yet to acknowledge my presence, which was very unlike her. Rapunzel was always the first one to greet anyone.

"For crying out loud, settle down!" She seemed to sing the words at me. Settle down? What was she talking about, I was perfectly calm.

"You know I can't be found with youu", what is going on? She twirled a bit then, and I caught sight of the ear buds she had in. I felt the smirk find it's way on to my face. She was singing.

"We get back to my house,

Your hands, my mouth.

Now I just stop myself around yo-"

She noticed me watching her then. She ripped her earbuds out and instantly blushed.

I smirked, "great show, Punz".

She nervously tugged on a piece of her hair, "h-how long have you been down there?"

I shrugged, "long enough".

She bit her lip, "I'll uh, get the door",

She quickly climbed back inside a window.

I took in the full front of the house then. She'd really gone all out with the lights. Orange wrapped up the pillars on the porch, purple strung up across the top. Little pumpkin lights hung in some of the trees. It looked good, definitely more cute than scary. She should have done a haunted house.

Rapunzel opened the doors, leaving them open as she skipped outside. She smiled at me, "ready?"

I groaned, "ready as I'll ever be".