Letting go

~Rapunzel~

Jack didn't answer any texts, or calls. I apologized repeatedly before deciding to give up for the night.

He skipped school the next day, or maybe he just skipped 4th and avoided our group in the morning. Either way, I had no chances to pull him away and demand he accept my apologies. The day seemed to drag on longer than any other. Longer than the day before, and longer than everyday before then.

Wednesday he again ignored me in the morning, only bothering to greet Hiccup. He never looked my way in the halls. Art class was almost intolerable with him sitting so close but acting like I didn't exist.

I tried to apologize anyway, pouring my heart out across the table, even with Flynn there to hear every word. I didn't care, if I embarrassed myself so be it. I needed Jack to understand I didn't mean to upset him. He only responded by plugging in his head phones, making himself very clear. Jack shut me out. Whatever i had said wrong yesterday really got to him.

The week continued on like this, and so did the week after.

As November continued on, Jack slowly came back to talking to all of us but it wasn't the same. Every word he directed towards me was only out of polietness, and mostly only when i spoke to him first.

Our weekends changed drastically. Instead of all of us hanging out at one persons house, we were divided. I saw Merida mostly. How see managed to spend quality time with Hiccup was beyond me. It seemed like we were together 24/7 outside of school, yet everyday she had multiple new stories to tell about them together. It was refreshing to hear their happiness, considering everything. Eventually, the ache in my chest dulled. It became managable to push it to the back of my mind. He was always there, though. His words still played over and over.

(Sunday, 2 weeks later)

"Come on, let's go", Merida pulled me off my bed, where she had been ranting about her mother.

Merida recently brought Hiccup home, and reintroduced him as her boyfriend. It had all gone okay, until her mom began asking about their 'future as a couple'. Hiccup had already told me the story, telling me how Merida had turned into a tomato and began arguing that they were too young to be thinking about anything but the present. About how her mother was always pushing the idea of marrying early because that's what she had done. Merida resented every second of it, but was coming to realize that Mrs.DunBroch just wanted her daughter to end up happy like she did.

I stretched, "where are we going?". The redhead quickly threw sweat pants on over her sleep shorts, and pulled on a forest green long sleeve shirt. I followed her lead, heading to my closet for clothes.

"Hiccup wants to have brunch, and no, I don't know if Jack is coming too".

I blushed, quickly pulling on yoga leggings. How did she always know what i was going to say? Not that Jack being there changed anything.. Okay, maybe it did..

Slipping on a creme colored oversized sweater, i glanced at her, "Waffle house, then?". Merida nodded.

"Okay, we'll have to stop at Panera for coffee though", i knew she was rolling her eyes at me but i also knew that she would already be on the app ordering our drinks.

---------

~Jack~

I went back and forth between angry and disappointed. How could she honestly think that way about me? What did i do that screamed player? She was infuriating, but at the same time.. How did i let this happen? Rapunzel was a dream, and I messed it up. Why didn't I ask her on a date like a normal fcking person? I let her get the wrong idea, i let her slip away.

Everytime i thought about talking to her, clearing up whatever had gotten mixed the wrong way, seeing her would just bring back the anger that she thought so low of me. I wanted to confront her, but i didn't want to end up saying something wrong.

The days went by slowly, way too slowly. Her texts and calls were hard to ignore, I eventually just shut my phone off when i was alone. Then the day she apologized infront of Flynn.. Why would she bring up our personal problems with other people around? This was between us. Sure, Hiccup and Merida knew what had happened but that was different than Flynn. They were friends. They were indirectly effected by the riff between Rapunzel and I.

A week past, and she stopped trying to talk to me. I thought before that her trying to apologize was bad, having to ignore her was hard, but having her stop? That was worse. I let her slip away. Hell, i even helped push her away by not allowing us to work things out.

After that, things went back to an awkwarder version of the way they were. Hiccup and I spent nights playing video games without Merida agressively commenting on what moves Hiccup could have and should have played, without Rapunzel leaning over my shoulder studing which controls did what.

(Sunday, 2 weeks later)

"I know Rapunzel's to blame too, but you need to get over it. Just talk it out, alone.", Hiccup's character died on the game we were playing.

I smirked, feeling victorious everytime i took his character down, "I don't get why i should. She thinks i'm shit", i shrugged, "i'm already over it". Lie.

He paused the game, looking over at me, "You're definitley acting like shit now, Jack".

I narrowed my eyes at him, "What the hell is that sup-"

"Shut up. I know she jumped to conclusions about Ana but you damn well that you were flirting with both of them, and that wasn't fair to either of them", did Hiccup really just tell me to shut up?

My brow wrinkled in confusion, "wait, Ana? As in, Tooth? I wasn't flirtin-"

"Jack."

"I didn't! Well, not seriously anyway so it doesn't count. Plus, it's not like Rapunzel and I were a couple yet.."

Hiccup sighed and ran a hand over his face, "Since when have I known more about girls than you. Geesh".

I scoffed, a smirk appearing on my lips, "You don't, Haddock".

----------

(Waffle House, because yum<3)

~Rapunzel~

I parked next to Hiccup's BMW. Oh, gosh. I hope he hadn't been here waiting for too long. The small building was practically completely made out of windows, letting us see him before we even got inside. My heart skipped a beat seeing Jack seating across the booth from him. It was one thing if he came along, it was a whole other thing to have to sit next to him. Sighing, and grabbing my frozen mocha, i made my way over to them.

Merida was already waving over the waitress like she was going to die if she didn't order as soon as possible, calling out that she would like the full menu. I never understood why they didn't just give you the full menu, but i guess with most people coming for breakfast food it was easier? Maybe?

"Good morning, Duchess", Jack greeted me. As if him using a nickname for me again wasn't odd enough, he smiled. Not the polite smile i was getting use to, not his trademark smirk. A genuine smile.

I instantly smiled back, "Good morning?". My cheeks got hot when my reply came out sending like a question.

I'm such an idiot.

His smirk appeared then, arms crossing, "You and I have to make plans, just the two of us. Theres some things we need to talk about".

I nodded, not sure how to reply anymore.

Oh, please, let this all work out well.

---------

---------

Agh, i hope this doesn't suck!Cx

Sorry for any mistakes.

Anyways, happy reading, lovelies.

School starts on wednesday for me, but i'll try not to take too long updating everything. I still have to update my other Jackunzel fic .-. Sorry for the wait!

Xoxo,

Serena.(: