2003: The Formation

Hater couldn't remember the last time he was so excited. Today was the day he was going to the planet of the Watchdogs, Vein. The planet was an urban paradise. It had bustling businesses, attracting The tourist destinations and military bases dotted around the landscape.

The young Lord was so lost in his joy, however, that he neglected to realise he was about to crash into a small figure.

Five seconds later, and the books that the figure had been holding crashed to the floor. Hater, realising his mistake, began apologising profusely to the Watchdog.

"I'm so sorry, let me help you."

The Watchdog was quite small for his age, but spoke in a manner far more mature than it.

"Don't worry. It's okay."
"At least let me help you up."

He looked at Lord Hater's hand dubiously, but took it gratefully.

"Thank you."
"What's your name?"
"My name is Peepers. Peepers Eyesore. And you are?"
"They call me Lord Hater."
"I haven't seen anyone of your species around here. What brings you to Vein?"
"I'm a new villain, so I'm trying to find soldiers for the army."

Peepers looked thoughtful. He soon replied.

"There's a military base just a few miles south of here. And there are more around the planet. You're sure to find some soldiers around here."
"I know I will. But when it comes to sign ups, I don't just want anyone to sign up first. I want you to sign up first."

The shock on Peepers' face that followed was backed up by a small squeak.

"Me?"
"Yeah. You don't have to give an answer now. You can think about it first, consult your parents. Sign ups won't start until you've given an answer."

Hater passed a piece of paper. It was his number.

"Call me when you've thought about it."
"Thanks."

———

Peepers thought about what the skeleton had offered all night. In the morning, he came to a decision. But he had to call someone first. His parents were military officers themselves, and had wanted him to follow in their footsteps. It wasn't his parents he was calling though. It was Eyela Pupil, his girlfriend. He waited anxiously for her voice on the other end.

"Peepers?"
"Hey, Eyela."
"Okay, what happened? You can tell me."
"I... just got a job offer."
"Peepers, that's amazing! I'm so happy for-"
Peepers hated cutting her off, but he had to tell her. "In an army."
"Oh."
"And I've decided to take it up. I'm sorry. It means that I'll be away a
lot."
"Peepers, it's okay. If you really want to join, then you can."
"Are you sure Eyela?"
"I'm sure. Besides, you'll visit during your leaves, right?"
"Definitely. Thanks for letting me do this."
"No problem. You go and follow your calling."
"See you Eyela."
"See you Peepers."

Peepers hung up, happy to be free to join the army. He dialled the number that Lord Hater had given him. A gruff voice said, "Hello?" On the other end.

"It's Peepers. Calling about the job you offered?"
"Oh yeah. Have you made a decision yet?"
"I have, and I have decided that it would be an honour to work for you. I'm in."
"Great! You think you can meet me at the military base you mentioned at about 5:00 this afternoon?"
"Yes sir! I'm on my way!"

A/n: And there you have it folks. Lord Hater and Commander Peepers belong to Craig McCracken and Disney. Eyela Pupil belongs to me.

Update: Sorry if Hater is OOC. He isn't used to being a villain yet.