2011: The Invasion

The Skullship sat silently on the hill. At least, that's what an outsider would see. Those on board would know the chaos that took place inside.

It was there for a reason. Today was the day of the very first invasion. Pretty soon, Watchdogs would burst from the ship in squadrons, ready to unleash their military might on the planet. At least, that's the plan.

First invasion, first battlefield. Hopefully, the first planet of the Hater Empire.

The planet in question was the habitat of many intelligent species. It used to be at least. Since then, many had died off, leaving room for a new dominant species.

The Watchdogs.

———

The overall battle? Not bad for the first invasion of this particular army. The inexperience of the soldiers led to several injuries and casualties caused by rebels protecting their planet, but the Watchdogs managed to beat the remainder of native soldiers.

Lord Hater and Commander Peepers were obviously quite pleased with the results, if their expressions and tones during the debriefing were able to tell you anything.

The positive reinforcements from their Lord and Commander that day were the last any of the Watchdogs could remember until many years into the future, as the leaders and army got into the villainous mindset more and more each day...

———

A/n: Too much of a sour note to end on? Don't worry, the introduction of Wander and Sylvia as characters is fast approaching.

Probably the shortest chapter in here...

I don't own Wander Over Yonder or the characters, Disney does.