2010: The Plan

Nerve and Jim shook their heads and eye palmed respectively. Commander Peepers was at it again, working himself to the bone. They were more than a little worried when they found out he hadn't had any sleep. Jim nervously asked, "Everything okay C. Peeps?"
"Never better Jim. I've almost finished these plans."
"Plans sir?"
"Invasion plans. If Lord Hater is gonna be ruling planets any time soon, we all need to start conquering them."
"We've got plenty of time to get the invasions up and running."
"Jim, I appreciate your concern, but this army was formed 7 years ago. 7!"
"Touché."

Nerve started to get into the conversation.

"Why don't you consult Lord Hater about the plans you have?"
"You know what, I will."

Peepers rose from his seat, papers in hand. Nerve muttered, "I didn't mean now."

"Sir, please be careful. I don't remember the last time you slept. You look exhausted." Warned Jim.
Peepers looked slightly amused. "I'll be fine. Don't worry. I'll get some rest as soon as these invasions are passed to Lord Hater."

But as the Commander made his way to find Lord Hater, Nerve and Jim only got more worried.

———

A panicked voice came over Nerve's comm. It was Hater.

"Nerve! Need help! Peepers..."
The Lieutenant's anxiety was rising, with no sign of stopping. "What is it Sir? Calm down. Take deep breaths." He waited for Hater to do so. When he did, Nerve continued, "Okay, what happened, Sir?"
The Lord said, calmer, "Me and Peepers were just talking about the invasion plans when he suddenly collapsed."

Nerve and Jim exchanged knowing looks. Jim gave him instructions. "Sir, is he still breathing steadily?"
"Yeah, he is."
"That's good. All you need to do is get him to the med bay. Do you think you can do that?"
"Yeah. Where is the med bay?"
"You're in the planning room, right?"
"Yep."
"Head out and turn to the left. The med bay is at the end of the corridor. Myself and Nerve will meet you there."

Nerve gave a sigh, and they both went to the med bay themselves.

———

"He'll be okay. He just needs plenty of rest."
The trio in the med bay waiting anxiously gave glad sighs. The relieved smiles were reinforced by a low groan that was made by Peepers on the hospital bed. The Commander tried to sit up, but was gently pushed back on the bed by Jim.

"What happened?"
"You collapsed in the planning room, sir." The medic on hand explained. "You just need plenty of rest."
Nerve said, "You really overworked yourself this time."
"Thanks for the help."
"No problem, Peeps."

Hater interrupted, "Peepers, I don't want to see you working for a couple weeks. That's an order."
"Yes Sir!"

A/n: I don't own Hater, Peepers or the show. I do own Nerve and Jim.