The Plan

"And who was that?" A stern voice says behind me. I turn around. Crap. Mom.

"Betty who was that boy?!" She slams the door behind her. I'm speechless. All I can do is stand there and look her in the eyes.

"His..n..name..is," Am I really going to tell her his name? What if she's goes over there and embarrass me?

"What. Is. His. Name? Betty!" She walks over and slams the window shut and locks it. Then she stares me down. Then I break.

"His name is Jughead, but it wasn't his fault-" I was cut off.
"FP's kid?" She says looking at the ground. "You can't be hanging around with a boy like that!"

"A boy like what, mom!" I say angrily. She doesn't know Juggy like I do. He's sweet, kind and funny. She doesn't know what she's talking about!

"A boy like Jughead Jones! He's the son of a man who's a serpent, Betty! He's from the other side of the tracks! And you shouldn't be messing around with boys on that side. He could be dangerous."

"Jug would never hurt me! He's sweet and kind. He's one of my best friends and just because you don't want me to be friends with him doesn't mean I'm going to! My friends mean everything to me! Veronica, Jughead, and Archie are my world and if you can't see that then maybe you should get out of my world." I say folding my arms and standing my ground. I did it. I actually stood up to my mom!

Before she can process what I said, I walk out of my room. She follows me and grabs my arm. "And where do you think your going?"

I tun around and shake my arm out of her grasp. "I'm going to Veronica's house, don't wait up." And like that I was out of the house.

I called Veronica and she's on her way to pick me up. I hope she hurries though. I don't want my mom to make a scene more than she already has.

I sit on the curb a little ways from my house. I felt a drop on my hand. And another on my forehead. Great, it's beginning to rain. It then starts pouring. 'My luck.' I think running under a tree. The tree doesn't quite stop the rain, but it's better then nothing.

Veronica shows up and gives me her jacket after I get in the car. I tell her everything about Jughead and my mom. She responds second later after I was done explaining everything. "You can stay as long as you want, B." She said give me a reassuring smile.

"But B, you have to be honest with me," she paused as if she was thinking what to say.

"Is there something going on between you and Jug? Like, do you have feelings for him?" She looks at me at the corner of her eye.

Here goes nothing. "I..might have developed some feelings." I say, whispering the last part.

She almost jumps in her seat, but was held back from her seatbelt. "I knew it! Bughead is real!" She says, basically squealing.

"Bughead?" What is Bughead?

"It's your ship name for each other. Isn't it cute? I came up with it when I started to get suspicious." I blush at the idea of Jug and I having a ship name.

"So, are you going to tell him?" Exactly what I feared, she's already trying to get me to be with him.

"No, he doesn't even like me back. And like you said when I liked Archie, most of your crushes don't like you back." I say frowning.

"Forget what I said! You guys are meant to be! You guys flirt nonstop. You have to end up together."

I think for a minute before responding. "Well, he did invite me to go to the town fair with him on Saturday, but I was stupid and said you and Archie could tag along."

"Archiekins and I were already planing on going, but I have an idea. Why don't we go with you, but when we get there we'll split up for a while. And if you need help I'll be there." She says smiling at her plan.

"Don't you think he'll get suspicious?"

"If he truly likes you, he won't mind one bit." She bites her lip trying to contain the excitement she has. I smile to myself. The idea that Jughead could like me is mind blowing.

•~••~••~••~•

Time skip~Betty and Veronica have reached Veronica's house~
Veronica's POV
I show Betty her room. My moms asleep so she won't know Betty's here until morning. "Well here you go." I say handing her a blanket to go with her queen size bed.

She walks into the guest room and looks at all the expensive antiques. "This is amazing, they must have costed a fortune." My smile fades. "Well that's when daddy had money and gave my mom and I the freedom to buy whatever we wanted. Dirty money bought it all."

Betty looks back at me and gives me a sympathy smile. "Don't worry about me. Now get some sleep, we don't want you to be cranky." I say jokingly.

She throws her hands in the air, "why does everyone say I'm cranky if I don't get enough sleep!" She yells in a whisper. Which makes me laugh.

"Because its true. Goodnight B." I then close the door and make my way to my room.

•~••~••~••~•
This was a fun chapter to write.
Thanks for reading hope your liking the book. 💕