Bye Romeo

Jugheads POV
"You can't have custody of me?" I say shocked, but also hurt. My heart dropped when I heard Archie and his dad talking about me and how I wasn't able to stay with them anymore.

"Why can't he stay?" Archie says almost flipping the table. His dad put his hand on his shoulder to keep him calm.

"They don't think I'm the best person to take care of him, son. I'm sorry, but they already found a foster family to take him in. They live on the south side."

'Foster family?' I think, frozen to the ground.

"Will he still go to Riverdale High?" Archie asks. I snap back to reality and hope that I still will. Archie's dad gives me a sad look then looks away.

"I'm afraid not," he says, "he needs to be gone by Thursday." He walks out of the room.

'Thursday! What about my friends, my dad, and..Betty. How am I supposed to tell her?'

Archie slams the side of his fist on the table, "damn it!" I walk over to him and give him a small smile, "at least I don't have to take those ridiculous tests from Mr. Smith anymore." Archie smiles, but it fades away fast.

"I'm going to fix this," he stands up and walks away.

I hear the door slam, hard. 'Archie seems more pissed than I am. I'm going to miss out on so much, and I can't do anything about it.'

I walk up stairs to Archie's room and look out the window. Betty's light was on. 'I need to talk to her.' I think, walking back downstairs. I open the front door and see her sister outside sitting on a swing on the front porch.

I walk up to her and wave. She waves back, "you're Jughead right? You're the reason why my sister is acting so lovey dovey all the time." She says laughing. I feel my face get hot, I put my hand on my neck, "uh..I guess.."

"She's in her room, but I'd be careful, you don't my mom to see you in the house."

"Why?"

"She really doesn't like any of Betty's friends," She says looking sorry for Betty, "anyways, I would go through Betty's window like you've been doing."

"How did.."

"She's my sister, I know what happens." She says smiling. "Now go."

I nod and start to climb up the house. 'Betty's mom probably found out that I was sneaking up to Betty's bedroom like her sister found out. That's why the ladders gone.'

I get up to Betty's window and knock. She gets up from her chair and looks out the window. She smiles and opens the window. "You know it's always unlocked?"

I climb in and take a seat on her bed, "well that's not safe, especially since someone just got murdered." I say referring to Jason. It's been two weeks since we found the drive and since the Blossoms house mysteriously burned to the ground.

"Yeah...so what are you doing here?"

"I wanted..to tell..you something."

"Everything okay?" She says sitting next to me putting her hand on my knee. I look at the ground then to her.

"Not really...some...stuff has happened."

She gives me her whole attention, "ok, well whatever it is I'm sure we can get through it." She smiles which makes my heart break even more.

"Archie's dad can't get full custody of me," my voice cracks, "and they already found a foster family to take me in." Her blank eyes stare at me waiting for the rest, "they live in the south side." She blinks restoring color in her eyes.

"Oh.." she looks at the ground then back at me, "will you still go to Riverdale high?" Hope in her eyes slowly fades when I shake my head. Tears take control of her eyes, "I'm sorry Betts," she shakes her head.

"It's not your fault." She says wiping her eyes. I pull her into a hug and we stay there for awhile. The door knob of her room jiggles but the door doesn't open.

"Betty open the door."

"Crap!" Betty says yelling in a whisper, "you have to hide!" I jump up from the bed and look around the room. She opens the closet and points to the inside of it. I climb in and close the door. I hear the door unlock and someone comes inside.

"We never talked about your punishment for your little field trip with that boy." Her Mom says spitting venom as she mentions me.

"I thought my punishment was you ignoring me for about two weeks, though it really was enjoyable." Betty sits on her bed, but doesn't meet her moms fiery eyes.

"Well I'm glad you enjoyed it, now you can enjoy your next punishment. You are not allowed to be friends or even talk to Jughead."

"Mom, I'm not able to be friends with Archie, Veronica and now Jughead? I hang out with all of them and it doesn't matter if you threaten me or do whatever, I'm not going to stop being friends with any of them. We've gone through too many damn things to stop being friends now."

My chest pounds for a second. 'She really cares for all of us, and me.' I smile to myself. I accidentally hit my head on her shelf and it makes a thud.

They both turn around and look at the closet. Betty's face is as white as a ghost. "What was that?" Betty's Mom looks to her and then back at the closet. Betty stands up straight, "I got a cat." Her face unsure what she just said. "You what?" Her moms face just gets angrier by the second.

"Yep I got a cat and it's going to stay in my room." Her Mom looks confused.

"I would've let you have a cat if you would've asked me." She walks out of the room but stops in the door way, "I'm not paying for the essentials for that rat." She walks out and I open the closet, "a cat?" I ask smirking.

"That's all I could think of." She laughs.

"I better get going, but I'll text you later." I say smiling. She gives me a long hug then we part and she kisses me for a second, "bye Romeo."

•~••~••~••~•
Riverdale's getting intense!
Any ideas who the "angel of death" is?
Hope your liking the book! 💕