Partner In Crime

Betty's POV
"It's okay not to be okay." Jughead says. I look at him holding back tears. I lean my head on his shoulder. The rain still pouring letting us stay under the tree for awhile.

After the rain had stopped, we parted ways after we got to our houses. I walked into my house and found that Polly was fast asleep on the couch. No one else would be home until late since the Pop's shooting. Too much to write about.

I went upstairs and opened my bedroom door. Meeting a tall boy who's back was facing me looking at the photos on my wall. "What the hell?" I ask surprised.

The boy turned around with a smile planted on his face. "Hey Betts." Jason said.

"How the hell did you get in here?"

"Leaving your window unlocked isn't very safe." He said walking towards me. He stopped so we were an inch apart. He reached up putting some of my hair behind my ear.

I immediately slapped his hand away. "Get out." I threatened.

He walked over to my bay window to sit. He crossed his legs. "Don't you want to know why I'm here?" He asks.

I didn't say anything. "Your boyfriend and I had a little talk." My eyes widened. "Don't worry nothing serious happened. At least not yet." He turns around looking outside.

"You see I don't like that boy one bit." I cross my arms and tilt my head, "and why do you think I care?"

A smile creeped on his face. "You will if you don't want him to get hurt. I was thinking motorcycle accident kills Jughead Jones." He says laughing a little. My head gets dizzy just thinking about Jug being gone.

"If you want to protect that little boy of yours, I'd do what I say."

"How do I know you'd actually do something like that?" I ask frustrated.

He walks over to me and holds my chin, "don't test me." He warns.

"Now of course I wouldn't be the one who would kill Jughead."

"Who would?" I ask anxiously.

"Do you remember the shooting at Pop's?" He asks.

I slowly nod hoping I wouldn't hear what he would say next.

"I work with the shooter. The black hood."

My mouth drops a little. I felt like I couldn't breath.

"And so will you if you don't want your boyfriend or anyone else to suffer. We start tomorrow. I'll send you and address to meet me tomorrow." He opens the window and starts to climb out.

"And don't tell anyone or Jughead will be the first to go." He leaves and I rush to the window and lock it.

Shocked I slowly go sit on my bed. I put my hands on my head and try to process everything that just happened. Tears start to fall and it felt like they were endless.

'What the hell am I supposed to do?' I think.

I didn't fall asleep that night and morning came quick. Mascara was smeared over my face. I was a mess, but I felt way worse inside.

My phone buzzed appearing with an address from an unknown number.

The address looked familiar until I realized where it was. I go to Pop's and walk in.

I look around and find Jason sitting in a booth at the back. I walk over to him and sit across from him.

"Glad to see you made it." He said smiling.

"Didn't have a choice." I say. His smile fades.

"Look I didn't want you to be caught up in this." He whispers. "But the big guy is interested in you just as much as I am."

I stay quiet and look out the window. "Let's get this over with, your not allowed to talk to Jughead. If I catch you two talking it's the end for him got it."

"Don't you think he'll find that suspicious? He'll want to know what happened and he will go to you for answers." I say.

"Well then you better cut off ties so that won't be a problem. Or I'll take care of it."

I walk over to Archie's house. I don't know how I'm going to do this. I love Jughead, I can't bare to be without him.

I knock on the door. A few seconds later Archie opens the door. "Hey Betty." He says letting me come in.

"Everything okay?" He asks.

"Is Jughead here?" I ask.

"No he's with my dad and his lawyer."

We walk into Archie room and I sit on a chair. "Arch something is going on and I cant handle it."

"Whatever it is I'm sure we can work through it." He says.

I tell Archie everything and leave him in silence. "Wow." He says. "Betty I.."

"I don't want to stop talking to Jug, Arch. But I don't want him to get hurt or..worse." I say.

"What if I told Jughead everything." He suggests.

I shake my head, "then he'll want to take care of it himself. I need you to break up with him for me. Please Arch I need you to do this one thing." I beg.

"I'll do it, but I need you to keep me in the loop. And once it gets to serious I'm telling Jughead."

I agree with him and thank him. As we walk down stairs I turn around before walking out of the door, "just don't make me sound harsh, okay?" I plead.

He nods and closes the door.

I start to walk towards my house. This is it. The end for Jughead and I.

                         •~••~••~••~••~•
Short chapter again! Ugh sorry!
Hope your liking the story! ⭐️