The Fair

Saturday Morning~
Betty POV
I stayed the night at Veronica's again. I've decided to go back to the hell hole tonight after the fair. Though, I'm sure I'll be grounded for years on end after I go back.

I check my phone and see I have some messages, from Jug. I unlock my phone and go to messages.

I turn my phone off and smile to myself

I turn my phone off and smile to myself. 'He's so sweet.' I get out of bed and head to the kitchen. Luckily Veronica's already there.

"Hey B, up for some waffles?" She says, putting them in front of me.

"Thanks." I say yawning.

She sits next to me with her own waffles. "So your going back home tonight right?"

I cut into my waffles and take a bite. "Yeah." She puts her hand on my arm and gives me a smile. "I'm sure everything's going to be fine. Don't worry about it. The only thing you should be worrying about is what your going to wear tonight.

I laugh, "do you have anything more my style?" I say, lifting up my orange juice and taking a drink.

After we finished breakfast, Veronica and I went to her room to see if she had any clothes that would look good on me. We finally found a plain pink shirt and jeans after what felt like forever.

•~••~••~•

Seven o'clock came fast. Veronica and I were waiting outside of her house to be picked up by Jug and Arch. It was the perfect day, only a few clouds covered the bright blue sky. And the sun was bright as ever.

"Are you ready for our plan?" Veronica said, looking ahead of her, smiling.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I'm so nervous about what could happen. But Veronica believes everything's going to be fine since Jughead supposedly likes me.

Archie and Jug show up and we got in the car. Jug was in the backseat, so Veronica could sit by Archie. I don't care what Veronica says, something is going on between the two. Don't get me wrong though, I'm happy for them. I don't like Archie anymore, I like Jughead.

I got in the backseat with Jughead. He had a huge grin on his face. "Why are you smiling?" I say, laughing a bit.

"I'm just really excited. Aren't you?"

"Of course!" I say, smiling. I'm not excited to go back home though. My smile fades. I look out the window and I can see the fair already. It looks way bigger than last year. That's when I remember something.

"You've never been to a fair before, huh?" I say, looking back at Jug. Our conversation must've caught Veronica's attention.

"What! You've never been to a fair before! What about an amusement park?" She turns around in her seat so she can talk to Jug and I.

"Nope. My family never had money for that sort of thing," he frowns and looks out the window. I put my hand on his shoulder. He looks at me and gives me a smile.

"Though, I'm glad I get to spend my first experience with my friends." He says, still smiling. I smile back at him. Then I realize something, my hand is still on his shoulder! I immediately take it off and I hear Veronica laugh a little. I kick her seat so she'll get the hint to stop. Luckily Jug didn't notice anything.

"We're here." Archie says, putting the car into park and taking the key out of the ignition. We all get out of the car. I look up and see all the rides. In amazement, I just stare at them for awhile until someone snaps me back to reality.

"Betts, you coming?" Jughead says, stopping and looking back at me. I snap into reality and run up to them.

"This place will look amazing when it gets dark." I say, still looking at the high rides. We get to the ticket stand and buy our tickets. Once we get in we all stop.

"I have an idea," Veronica says winking at me, "why don't I go with Archie and Jughead you go with Betty and we'll meet at the ferries wheel around 10." I look at Jughead and see what he thinks.

He looks at me and gives me a smile, "as long as it's ok with Betty."

"Sounds good to me." I say, looking back at Veronica.

We split up and Jug and I walk towards some tents. "Where do you want to go first?" He asks.

"It's your choice, your the one who's never been here." Smiling he leads me to a tent that has prizes around it.

"Welcome! Would you like to win a prize for this lovely young lady here." The man who runs the tent says, gesturing towards me.

"Sure." Jughead says giving the man a ticket.

"Now, what you have to do young man, is try to hit all of the balloons on the wall with darts, if you hit every balloon you'll win a jumbo prize!" The man says excitedly. He gives Jughead three darts for the three balloons.

Jughead threw the first dart and hit a balloon. The other two darts weren't so lucky though. His smile faded. He looked at me, "sorry betts." I put my hand on his shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile, "it's okay juggie, I'll just have to win one for you." I say giving the man a ticket. Jughead regains his smile.

Once I hit all the balloons, the man gives me a huge panda. It almost makes me fall over. I laugh and give it to Jug. "Here, for you." I say still laughing. He joins me in laughing and thanks me.

Next we go into a funny house. Though, it's not funny if there are clowns in it. Luckily there weren't. So far this night has been really fun. I wish it could last forever.

It was starting to get dark and the lights turned on. It was amazing. Jughead and I went to the dock and sat down for awhile. The sun was setting over the water. I looked at Jughead and saw he put the panda bear next to him in a sitting position. I laughed at the sight of it.

He looked at me confused, but then he caught on. "Thanks for coming with me tonight." He says, blushing slightly. I look out at the water and smile.

"Anytime. It's really fun hanging out with you."

•~••~••~••~•
Jugheads POV
"Anytime. It's really fun hanging out with you." Betty says. I look at her. Her hair was down and flowing slightly with the breeze. I smile to myself.

"Yeah, it's fun hanging with you too." I look at the time on my phone, 9:55. 'Oh crap.' I stand up. "It's 9:55 we should go get in line for the ferries wheel." I say helping her up. "That went by fast." She says, as we walk to the ferries wheel line.

"I'm going to text V and let her know we are in line." She brings out her phone and starts to text Veronica.

"If it isn't Betty and the hobo."

•~••~••~••~•
Who do you think ruins the fun?
Stuff is starting to be pretty interesting. 💕✌️💞