It's Truly a Romeo and Juliet Story

Betty's POV
It's Thursday morning; the day Jughead leaves.
He's going to check out his new school today, but he doesn't want me to go with him. He thinks it'll be too dangerous, but I've decided to skip school for today and go with him.

I show up at Archie's house and get ready to knock on the door when the door opens, Jughead stops and stares at me for a moment.
"I already told you.." he says before I interrupt him, "I'm going."

He smiles, but it fades fast. "Let's go then." He grabs my hand which makes my heart skip a beat.

We take the bus to the South Side High School. It was a run down school with not very much color or green life. Many people were smoking or passed out on the dead grass. Eyes glued on to Jughead and me. I moved closer to Jug not letting go of his hand.

We walked into the school and it wasn't much different from outside. Everyone was in their own groups. People stopped to look at us, but we kept walking. "Where's the principal office?" I asked Jug.

Someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me back making me let go of Jughead's hand. "I can show you where the principal's office is with something in return." The boy who grabbed me had a scar right under his hazel eyes. He was smiling as he checked me out.

Jughead got in between us and grabbed the boys hand making him let go of my wrist, "we'll find our way around." Jughead said giving the boy a look I've never seen him make. The boy shrugs Jughead's grip on his wrist, "you don't know what your getting yourself into," the boy walks away looking back at me then turning around the corner.

"You okay?" Jughead says his face back to normal. I nod not being able to speak.

"That was quite a show," we turn around meeting eyes with a pink haired girl. A beanie covered the back of her head, but it let her pink curls lay on her shoulders.

"I'll show you where the principal's office is." She turns away from us and walks away. Something caught my eye on the back of her jacket, which had a snake and other details on it. 'She's a South Side serpent.' I thought.

Jughead kept looking at me in the corner of his eyes, but I didn't look at him.

We got to the principal's office, "this is it, good luck in there." The girl said about to leave. "Hey wait, what's your name?" Jughead asked.

"Toni, Toni Topaz." She then left.

"She seemed....nice." I said. He gave me a shrug and a smile. We then walked into the office. It was a small, crowded space. There was a desk and a chair that was facing the back wall, but smoke was coming from the chair.

"Umm..excuse me, Mr...uhh." Jughead said walking towards the chair. It soon spun around with an old man who was smoking a cigar. "Mr.  Norman," the man answered, "and you must be F.P's kid?"

"Yes, sir."

"And who's this?" Norman said gesturing towards me.

"I'm Betty I came to accompany Jughead." Norman nods his head then coughs, "Welcome to South Side High, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here." The man then turns his chair away from us, "that's it?" Jughead asks.

"What did you expect Jones? A welcome party? I'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow, have a nice day."

Without a word we walk out of the school and to the bus stop. We sit down on a bench. "Well that was...."

"Interesting? Yeah." Jughead says. He looks at me then at the sidewalk, "I'm sorry what happened Betts." I looked at him and put my hand on his back, "I'm okay now, okay? Nothing to worry about."

His eyes were still locked on the side walk, "I knew you shouldn't of come, why did I let you?" His hands covered face, and water dropped on his hand.

We both looked up at the gray clouds surrounding us. More and more drops started to come down. Jughead grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug, "I'm so sorry." He says as his head was in my shoulder. I played with his dark curls, "I'm okay nothings going to happen to me." I whispered reassuring him.

It soon started to pour making us go under the cover for the bus stop. We didn't talk, but we didn't need to. It wasn't an awkward silence, but more of a calming silence. The bus finally came and this was the real goodbye.

Jughead would be going straight from this bus stop to his new house with his new family and I would go back to the North Side. Our story really is Romeo And Juliet. We got on the bus and went to the very back. I stared out the window as Jug was asleep on my shoulder.

It was getting dark outside and I'm sure my mom won't be pleased to hear where I've been. We got to Jughead's stop. I woke him up and kissed him goodbye, "be safe, okay?" He said not letting go of my hand.

"Okay Juggy. I'll call you later." I gave his hand a squeeze then he let go of my hand and went into his house.

Time skip~
Betty's POV
The bus stopped at its last stop. I got off and walked the rest of the way to my house, luckily it had stopped raining. I walked into my house and snuck up stairs to my room. I put my things on the floor and went to my window seal and sat down.

I stared at Archie's window where Jughead sat and we would talk for hours on the phone looking at each other. My phone buzzed, it was Jughead.

I turned my phone off and went to my bed

I turned my phone off and went to my bed. I pulled the covers over me and fell asleep.

•~••~••~••~••~•
Jughead's POV
I lied to Betty, my foster family didn't want to get know me. They didn't even care that I existed. Of course they gave me food and a small bedroom with a small window, but after that they don't talk or acknowledge me.

I barely ate anything. I went straight to my assigned room. I pulled up a chair next to the window and sat down looking out at the dead neighborhood. The grass was all dead and no flowers just weeds covered it.

I imagined that I was still in Archie's house looking out the window where Betty was. It's been almost one night and I'm already missing her. I soon fell asleep on the chair.

The sun beamed on my face through the glass. A buzzing noise in the background. I ignored it for awhile until it didn't stop. I rubbed my eyes and stretched. I soon went to where the buzzing noise was. Betty had called me several times. I called her back immediately.

'Oh god. Betty be okay.' I thought as it was ringing. The ringing stopped and it was dead silence. "Betty? Betty are you...." I was interrupted by a voice.

"You need to get over here at the hospital, Archie's dad has been shot." Betty said.

•~••~••~••~••~•
Stuff is really happening with Bughead on Riverdale.
And the Blackhood has gotten very interesting.
Til next time ❤️