[four]

~WORLDS BEST MOTHER

~WORLDS BEST MOTHER

angelique's point of view.

I watched with confusion as Richie started going through Ben's bag all until he came upon the newspapers. "What's with the history project?" Eddie asked, looking like he wanted to laugh.
"Oh, well, when I first moved here I didn't have any friends... so I just started spending time at the library," the male shrugged. I furrowed my eyebrows and sighed a little. Poor kid.
"You went to the library?" The boy with glasses asked, "on purpose?"

Both Beverly and I made eye contact before we walked over, wanting to see the paper. I sat beside Richie, looking over his shoulder and at the paper.

I ignored what Bill and Ben were saying to the other female, taking the papers and flicking through it. "Why are these... filled with all the missing kids?" I asked, slightly becoming weirded out.

"Darry's not like any other town I've been in before. I did a study once and it turns out people die or disappear six times average," Ben informed us. As if on instinct, Richie's arm wrapped around my waist but I didn't notice as a small familiar laugh could be heard in the distance. I looked over and noticed a balloon. A red balloon. Just like yesterday.

Richie gently shook me causing me to snap out my little daydream and nod when he asked if I was okay. I glanced back at where the balloon was but it disappeared so I put my attention back onto Ben.
"That's just the adults though. Kids are worse... way, way worse. I've got more stuff if you want to see it."

I noticed Eddie shake his head no but at the same Beverly nodded. I giggled a little as Ben jumped up with excitement, the boys groaning as they slipped their clothes on.

We all biked to the new kid's house, Beverly in front with him while I stayed at the back and took my time. When we arrived, we all set our bikes down onto the front yard -- my eyes landing on a lady setting up a poster on a pole. I hummed a little, yelping slightly when Stan had pulled me over inside. "Hey, hands off my lady," Richie said, slapping the boy's hand away and acting as if he was disgusted.

I only rolled my eyes as he caught up with Eddie again, walking past the two and entering the room. My eyes widened when I noticed all the pictures displayed on Ben's wall and scattered all over his desks.

"Cool, huh?" Ben asked, his eyes lit with happiness for some odd reason.
"No, nothing cool. Oh, this is cool - wait no, it's not," Richie snickered.
Stanly spoke up after the two, pointing over to a piece of paper that was displayed on the wall. I walked over too and looked at it. "What's that?"
Ben shrugged, "that's a charter for Derry Township."
"Nerd alert!" The brown-haired boy beside me said but I only nudged him, muttering an 'I think it's pretty cool'.

I moved my attention over to something else, walking over to Beverly who seemed to close the door only to be faced with a 'New Kids on the Block' poster. We both giggled to each other, looking over at Ben who seemed slightly embarrassed.