His Electric Feel Part 23

I had a fun time writing this chapter so I hope you guys enjoy it. Make sure to listen to the song I posted becausssse there's an inside joke between Torah and Van about the song in this chapter. And once again thank you so much for the great comments and votes! I even got tweeted!!! I would really love to hear what you all think is going to happen next because I have a lot of great stuff planned for our delightful little duo. Now go read you literature deprive heathens! Jk, jk, LOVE YOU GUYS!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I woke up to the harsh sun streaming in through the glass doors that led to the balcony. Yesterday's events slammed into me as I sat up in the empty bed. I had escaped from the hospital, pissed Tyson off on an extreme level, came to Van's apartment, and fell asleep in his arms. Van was currently nowhere to be found.

Rubbing my eyes with my palm, I looked at the bedside table to see an analog clock. My head cocked to the side at what I saw. How in the hell had I been able to sleep until 3:47? And where was Van?

I laid back down on the pillow and took a deep breath. Leather immediately filled my nostrils. Rolling around, I stuffed my nose into the cushion. The dank smell of leather calmed me down.

Resisting the urge to go back to sleep, I got out of the bed and went to the little bar Van had. There was a small fridge under the counter. When I first opened it, I was met by a wall of liquor, but after rummaging around for a bit, I found a carton of orange juice. It seemed fresh enough. The idea of finding a glass sounded like a lot of work so I just drank straight from the bottle. As I was about to take another gulp, Van walked in the door. He was holding a brown paper bag, a white envelope, and a tray of coffee.

"Glad you decided to wake up little Miss Elemental princess," Van smirked as he put everything but the white envelope on the table. Little did he know I was freaking out.

"What did you just call me?"

"Little Miss El-"

"Don't call me that. The Shard form my dream last night called me that." My entire body began to shudder. Van came towards me and wrapped me in a hug. He continued to murmur soothing words when he placed the white envelope on the counter beside me.

Of course the name had weirded me out, but Van didn't need any more reason to think I was a weak, little girl. While he was distracted with calming me down, I stuck out an arm and grabbed the white envelope. I was pretty sure what ever was in it, was the key to my surprise today, if I hadn't slept through it. Before I could open it though, Van snatched it out of my grasp from behind his back.

"Good try Torah, but nothing is going to ruin this surprise, not even you." I stepped out of his arms and gave him a pouty look.

"How'd you know?" Van stepped back and raised his hands.

"I got eyes in the back of my head, and I felt the envelope against my back." I smiled as I shook my head at him.

"So what do we have here?" I asked eying the brown bag. I was about to pick it up before Van swooped in and got it before me. "Is that a surprise too?"

"Part of it is. Now go to the bathroom and do whatever it is you do to get pretty." I clasped my hand to my mouth.

"Well I'll be, you don't think I'm pretty?"

"The morning look works for very few people, and I'm sorry to say you are just not one of us," Van replied nonchalantly.

"Whatever, I look damn fine." We both laughed as I threw my tangled messy hair behind my back.