His Electric Feel Part 25

The realization that I wanted to kiss Van again hit me like a brick wall. My guard was back up as I backed away from him. I could feel a look of panic spreading on my face.

"Hey, it's the last inning," I shot out as an excuse to look away from Van and to change the subject.

"I guess it is. The Red Sox are obviously going to win. Whatta say we cut out a little bit early." I could hear the concern in his face and feel his gaze on me. I kept my eyes focused on the green field. Did Van feel the same way I did? Did he want to go back to his apartment too? Or did he just not want to wait in hyped up baseball fan traffic? "Torah?"

Realizing I still hadn't answered him, I took a deep breath and gathered my thoughts. "I've never left in the middle of a Red Sox game before."

"To be fair, this isn't the middle of the game. Besides, the night is young and I have a few more tricks up my sleeve." What the hell was that supposed to mean?

I was freaking out on the inside but I kept up my cool façade. "Be honest with me, do you just want to leave to get away from these three cougars?" I pointed to the old men behind us in an effort to get the attention off of me. I was expecting Van to retaliate with a sarcastic remark, but he surprised me yet again.

"No, I want to leave so I can spend time focused on only you." His voice sounded daring, tempting.

I shut my eyes at his words. There was only one thing I wanted right now, and by the looks of it, I could have him. A breeze swooped through the stadium and ruffled my hair. The familiar smells of dirt and sweat mixed with the leather scent that pulled at me always. The memory of my mother and father filled my head. They had been so happy together, so much love and grace had been in there relationship. There was a chance that I could have that too. I could either take a chance on the man that stood beside me, or I could let him pass me by.

Coming to a conclusion, I opened my eyes and turned to Van. He was looking at me with a thoughtful expression. Before I could stop myself from doing so, I laced my fingers with Van's and started walking down the aisle towards the stairs.

"Hey Kid!" I heard Walter yell. Van stopped causing me to stumble, but he grabbed me in time to keep me from falling. He smiled at me before turning back to Walter. "Don't let her get away. There are only a handful of people who have what you two have. Don't take it for granted."

"Trust me, she's not going anywhere." That was all it took to reassure me of my decision. It was useless to even fight the dopey grin.

"Come on Van. Let's get out of here." The giddiness in my voice was overwhelming.

"Somebody's excited." He was just as happy as I was. When we reached the stairs, I turned to face him.

"I have a lot of things to be excited about." Van's eyebrows raised and he cocked his head to the side in a boyish way as the wind tosseled his dark hair.

"That's it? Know questions or annoying pestering?" I tucked my chin in and dropped my mouth open.

"

You thought my curiosity was annoying?" Van laughed as he looked to the side and back at me.

"Nah, it was more endearing."

"Good, that's what I like to here. Can we go now?" I gave a slight tug on his hand to get him moving again.

"Seriously, there's not going to be any," he raised the pitch of his voice into a girly whine, "Van, where are we going? Van you better tell me. Vaaaaaannnnn."

I turned back to face him and gave him an adoration lacking face. "Is that really how I sound?"

"When you want to, yes. But usually it's more of a husky purr." I ran a hand through my hair in disbelief.