Chapter 10

*Nick's p.o.v.* surprise!!

I watch Mina across the table as she keeps taking sips of her bourbon until Dominic gives her more papers to give out. All of the men's eyes are on her. Although she's always been attractive these past four years definitely gave her body time to mature.

I notice that slowly her handwriting is getting sloppier and sloppier. Just as Mathew goes to fill her glass up again I grab the bottle leaving beside Dominic because he knew why I had taken it.

She sits back down flipping a piece of hair over her shoulder to keep it out of her eyes. She starts writing again while crossing her legs under the table accidentally running her leg over mine making me go crazy.

Quickly I fix my tie and face Dominic trying to keep my mind off of her. From across the table I can smell her perfume and it's like a drug that I never want to stop using. I take out a pack of cigarettes, lighting one just as Dominic pushes an ashtray over to me.

"Nick?" I hear Kellin call my name. My head whips up to see everyone is looking at me and that I zoned out staring at the table. "What did you think?" He pushes taking a drink. "I wasn't listening, I'm sorry. Can you repeat it?" I ask sheepishly but I try to hide it.

"The West Side gang in California wants to meet and discuss a possible peace." He says now tracing his glass. I take a drag of my cigarette before answering him. "Haven't we been fighting with them for years? Why would they all of the sudden want peace? Sounds like a set up to me." I finally answer looking over at Dominic who's nodding with his face in his hands.

"They're a gang that we could use, they have access to really good drugs." I see Dominic cringe at the words drugs and that's because he doesn't like it that Mina knows about them. We're a mafia, Dominic, grow up. She was going to fund out eventually.

I realize that I'm smoking the filter of my cigarette so I put it out and pulled out another one. Dominic gives me a look as if asking if I'm okay. I give him a nod and turn my attention back to the men until I feel a certain persons high heel hit my shoe while she's trying to stand to give out more bourbon.

She passes through quietly asking who would like more. As she comes up to me her hair gently brushes against my face and she playfully gives me a push. I keep myself from grabbing her and making her sit on my lap and I wave her off, trying not to seem rude while doing so.

She takes her seat again and I can't help but notice her hair is so beautiful. Stop. The way her lips curl into a smile then she pulls her bottom lip in to chew on it as she focuses on writing. You're a fucking idiot. I stare at her longingly but I make sure no one catches me.

She's Dom's girl, I can't like or be in love with her. I can't pull what I did years ago again because that's why she left. She left because I tried to make a move and she freaked out, Dominic fell into a hell hole after that. He worked, drank, smoked, even got on drugs.

I finally had enough of him running around doing coke, smoking cigarettes, and drinking all the time, and never eating so I called Edward and he came and helped him. He came and got Dominic off of the coke, gave the mafia a little push, then he went back home.

That only took about a year and a half, we've been doing really good for the past two and a half years. Dominic's been working out, eating healthy, not drinking or smoking as much. I'm really proud of him.

But because I made him do all of that just by trying to kiss someone I can't try it again. I need to keep my space so I don't hurt either of them.

"You okay?" Dominic whispers to me as Mina walks out of the room. I nod to him taking another drink of my bourbon that's almost gone. Soon Mina's walking back in with folders and she's passing them out. We all begin looking through them and she takes notes on everything everyone's saying.