Chapter 17

~Dominic's p.o.v.~

"How did he get in a crash?" Nick asks, following me to my room. "Got drunk." I reply. He follows me into the room and watches as I grab my things for the meeting since he already has his things.

"Who's going to watch her?" He runs his hand through his hair, trying to adjust it. "Some elders of our group." I say, not wanting him to push as we leave the hotel. "Doesn't sound convincing." He states, getting in the passenger side of the car.

"Well they'll keep an eye on her home but she'll probably be staying with Ashton's family in the meantime." I explain while I start the car and begin driving to the location that they gave me. "You're okay with her staying with a guy and his family for a week or so?"

"He's been her best friend for a long time," Nick scoffs in the seat next to me and I try to ignore it. "She's probably fucking him as we speak." I growl to that rather than hitting him. "You know I'm right. She's kind of turned into a whore." He groans after hearing my growl.

"She was scared to come back to me." I state, pulling into an empty alley. He hums in response and gets out of the car. "What do you mean by that?" I snap.

"Nothing, bro." He shrugs his shoulders and walks up to the building. I follow behind him.

~oOo~

"That went well." Nick says from beside me as we walk back to the car. I shrug my shoulders in response. He notices my coldness towards him and puts a hand on my shoulder, immediately making me go into a defense mode.

"You'll see her soon, man." He says gently, allowing me to drop my guard. "Don't worry about her. She's all good." He adds with a smile. "Thanks." I reply.

The drive to the hotel is silent. So silent I swear I can hear Mina telling me that she loves me. We both get out of the car and separate to our rooms without a word. All I can think about is Mina being in my arms again. I need to get rid of Nick quickly so I can have her again.

Speaking of, I need to start strategizing on how to do that. Nick is very good at his job, he's always been one of our best men. I can't bring anyone else into this, I need to be the one to do it. I need to do it before he can get to Mina though.

After hearing what I thought was Nick leaving, I walk over to Nick's room and knock on it. He doesn't answer so I knock again, still nothing. I run down to the desk and ask only for her to tell me he checked out moments ago.

I drive to the airport where our jet is just in time to see Nick in one of the windows and the jet headed towards Little Russia. Fuck.

~Mina's p.o.v.~

"You need to get up and leave." Edward whispers. He yanks me up out of my bed and shoves me out to the hallway where many men dressed in military armor with guns are waiting. "Sir, whats going on?" I ask feeling terrified.

The look on his face gives me a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach and makes my head spin. "Nick will be here in a few hours and he's coming for you. You need to leave with these men and listen very carefully."

I nod frantically to his demands. "Go, now!" He yells to me as well as the men. One of the men grabs me and drags me along with the group. We reach a door and the drag me to an SUV where they push me in the back.

"Pull your hair back." One of the men demands before they begin putting a uniform on me. A tank top, two bullet proof vests, and over shirt, a jacket, a coat, gloves, a mask, padding on my thighs and calves, jeans, boots, then finally they through a helmet on my head. Finally they throw a matching backpack next to my legs.