Part Three

The Return of Zim

(Part 3)

(Zim's P.O.V.)

"Zim!" Devon yells and reaches out and catches Gir. I stare at him, salty water making my cheeks burn as they stream down. I growl and whip around, wrenching the door open with a snarl. I cant let him see me cry. Stamping through the house, I shove the door to the bathroom open.

"What s wrong with  me?!" I scream as my cheeks burn from the water expoure. I ignore the pain, and rip off my shirt, using it to gently dab the now black-blood-bleeding wound on my head. I grip the counter and stare at myself in the reflective glass, standing there until my back aches. Eventually, I sink to my knees and clench my  fists into my head.

I dont know how long I knelt there, but I think t had to hhave been at least 10 earth minutes. It was another five before the burning stopped and the water dried. And several more before I could stand and walk from the room. Immediatley, I heard a small beeping sound, then the official Irken command sound. I freeze dead in my tracks, and I hear Gir ask, "Dib-Worm! Have you seen Zim?" I blink, and start to slowly walk back to the room, seeing Gir run around in circles.

"G-Gir?" I whisper out.  The small robot turns and squeels, rust covering his body, dents lining his structure.

"Master!!" He screams out, attacking me  in a hug. I fall to my knees, stunned as he wraps his tiny arms around my waist.

"Gir... Gir, Im... Im so sorry..." I hug him back, watching him snuggle closer, practically rolling into a ball in my arms.

"Its ok, Master. Dib-Worm made everything ok. We can take over the world again!" I laugh brokenly, and turn towards Devon, seeing him watch us. I had forgotten he was a small genius, even if for a limited amount of time. He smiles at me, and nods as I mouth, "Thank You."

This is something neither of us will forget.