Part Fourteen

The Return of Zim

Part Fourteen

(Devon's POV)

"Devon? Devon, are you awake yet?" I groan and roll over, meeting Zim's large red eyes. I yawn, wincing at the pounding in my head and mumble goofily, "I am now..." He smiles slightly, then is back to buisness.

"Well, wake up completely. We have to go." I try to sit up, but that same pounding returns and I lay back on the couch.

"G-Go where?" He shakes his head, picking me up with a grunt and setting me on my feet, with my arm around his shoulders.

"Just... somewhere else. We cant stay here. The remaining Irkens have found me, and I hoghly doubt that Tallest Purple was the last Irken they are going to send to retrive their lost Tallest." I notice then that he has a bulging bag on his back, and his P.A.K. glimmers in the pocket. Feeling the urgency of the situation, I nod and limp along next to him. Once we are out of the way enough for no one to see us, he whispers to his P.A.K., and long spider like legs extend, lifting us and propelling us across the ground faster than normal human, or Irken, legs could ever move. After at least an hour of shifting through shadows, we come upon an old abandoned house in an old abandonded town, and set up our new home.

"Devon?" Zim whispers, and I look up at him, and before fatigue takes the both of us, he gives me a look that clearly says that no matter what happens next, we're in it together.

If only either of us could ever grasp fully just what we were up against.

~*~*~

"Ma'am, we have lost contact with Tallest Purple's P.A.K. And Tallest Zim's P.A.K. has been activated." I glare down at the small Irken beneath me, and my S.I.R. glares as well, scaring the being away. I look up, and know that Tallest Purple has been killed. My lips curl into a twisted version of a smile, and I let out a low chuckle.

"Set up a small Armada to retrive Tallest Zim. He cant run forever from his destiny. And his destiny is to take over and invade the squishy-beings' planet. After all, he left us with no choice. He did burn Irk." The remaining Irkens exchange looks, and set off into their jobs, assembling  an Armada.

One way or another, Zim is coming back.

"Ma'am, your P.A.K." I smile again, taking the glowing maroon circle. I stand up, slipping it onto my back. My S.I.R. stands in battle mode.

The P.A.K. beeps and says, "Greetings, Irken Tak. Ready for your commands." My smile widens, and I head off towards the loading docks.

Oh yes. Zim will be back soon.

(Author's Note)

Thats it for this book guys! Keep an eye out for the next book in the ROF trilogy, Hidden. BAI GUYS!