CHAPTER 1- Bad boy

8 YEARS LATER
(dramatic music playing)

Four teenagers were assembled by a roadside waiting....

"Where's he", one of them said tapping his foot impatiently.

" He'll be here soon, he always comes late",another replied.

" Maybe he's looser of a stepfather is keeping him busy",another added.

"Naah,Richard can take care of the punk", the first said then he sees him," hey it's Richard he's here already,I told you,he said pointing to a boy riding a bike towards them.

As Richard rides over, stops and gets off his bike, "hey guys, you ready?"

"Like since yesterday, where have you been?", a kid asked.

Richard sighed, " just the stupid man, trying to cuddle me somehow, like am stupid or something", he replied.

"I knew it mike,it was that stupid man", a girl spoke.

Richard spread his hands and said, " Alright guys,you ready to do this "

"We were born ready", Mike said

" whenever you are ready boss", Cynthia added.

The five of them cycled to a road under construction, they went up ahead to where it was diverted to another road and a post-sign was standing on the road with the words
"Road under construction, use alternate route".

" come on guys, let's work",Richard called out.

"This is going to be a good one", Alfred added.

The kids put away the post and put another one they made by the side of the road not in its middle writing, " Road construction completed,safe to cross ".
They packed away every roadblock used, after they finished, Richard who mostly did nothing but order around clapped them and told them to hide.

" They will want to take the faster route, since its completed now ",Mike said and they laughed.

A car passed by and went the other way , they were disappointed but when a truck and a power bike passed the uncompleted road, they laughed and laughed because they saw the crashes and the damage. While they were laughing , a police car saw them, he recognised them immediately because it wasn't the first time such will happen, he quickly put it together and chased after them.

" Guys, that cop is onto us, let's scram", Richard called out.

The kids all jumped on their bicycles, and started cycling, as they were about to split, the police car swerved and stop on front of them, causing them to stop abruptly and fall. The police man caught them, put them in the car and took them to ech of their homes, Richard was last.

At Richard's house, the doorbell rang. A boy and a girl answered the door, they were Richard's siblings, both twins, Tenny and Kenny.

Both twins shouted simultaneously, "Dad, mum... The police bought Richard home".

Tony and Tutu came downstairs, where Richard entered the house and Tony talked to the police man, after the cop left, Tony angrily walked to Richard and shouted, " This is the third time this month, I'm gonna have to pay for damages, do you think its easy "

"Not my problem", Richard shrugged.

Angrily he slapped Richard, " Don't you dare talk back to me".

Richard angrily ran out of the living room ignoring his mother who was calling him back. Tony walked to Tutu and said "I'm sorry, I didn't actually mean it, I was just angry"

"I know dear, its just he is still adjusting", Tutu replied, " what about the children's grades?", she asked.

"Oh, the usual, The twins topped the class but Richard still failed", Tony replied.

Tutu sighed, " I just hope he is okay".

Richard ran inside his room and locked the door, he sat on his bed and began to weep, at that moment, he brought out necklace with coin on it. He looked at the coin for some time and said "I miss you dad, why did you leave me?"

Immediately, someone knocked on the door and Richard's put left his coin resting on his neck, then he shouted "Go away"

"Its mum", His mother called, " can I come in? ".

He wiped his tears and opened the door for her and he sat back on his bed.

" I'm sorry dear, I know you miss him", she said as she sat beside him on the bed, "we all do miss him but do you think he will be proud of you with your behavior, please love do change, stop hanging around with those kids again, will you do that for me?

Richard didn't reply but he rested on her head as she sings for him.

The next day at school, Richard and his gang were moving around school picking on every other kid they saw when a boy shoved through him.

" Hey what did you just do?", Richard asked.

The boy courageously replied, "I went through when no one was listening to me".

" Oh you are a tough one huh, big mouth, guys let's teach him some manners ", Richard said as someone shoved away his bag and spilled all his books, the boy grew furious and tried to fight Richard who landed several blows on the kid and he began to bleed, Teachers came in to stop Richard and the boy was taken to the sick bay.

Later , Richard's mum got out of the principal's office and told him who was waiting outside, "why are you doing this to me", she wept," you think I'm not hurt, that I don't miss them, I tried to talk to you but since you wouldn't listen, you are grounded till you behave, and your principal has given you community work with the school for two hours with the janitor for three weeks, I'll see you at home, she said as she walked off trying to clean her tears.

Richard looked at her as she walked off, he pitied her cause she had gone through much, she had lost her husband and her first son, he felt he is not being fair to her as she should even be more shaken than he is, her job as an accountant was never paying well and then hus father died, she had to marry his best friend Tony to survive after he offered her marriage as she told him the day she accepted him, "I'm doing this for you, only you dearie, your father has kept his will and his lawyer claims not knowing where it is, that only you can find it, all his properties and bank accounts have been freezed but don't worry I'll take care of you, I love you".

Then Richard thought to himself ," I promise to try to change mum, I'll do it for you, this I promise ".

************************************

" Hope you guys are enjoying the story, please check out my book, SUPERBEE;