Chapter 9 - Know Your Enemy

Mike got back to the hospital after leaving mack, he was not in a good mood as he hurried and ran to his mother's room, the doctor had told him his mother's operation was successful and a nurse said he could see her. He opened her hospital door, she was lying on the bed awake, her arms were completely bandaged.

"Hello dear", his mother called.

"Mum, how are you doing?, mike asked.

" I'm okay dear, the doctor said I should be out in a week", she replied.

"That's wonderful news", he said as he got close, standing beside her.

His mother smiled and sad, "Mike, I want to ask you something".

"It's about what happened, isn't it? Ma", he replied.

"Yes son, what happened to you?, she asked.

Mike looked down, then up again, " it's better if you don't know but... ", his phone pings and he checks it, he got a message from Mack, " it's him", then he faces his mother, "don't worry, I'm gonna fix it", he runs out of the hospital room.

"Son", his mother calls weakly.

                     ************

Mike was very angry, " brave industries had done this to him and now to get the cure, he has to capture Richard, he was not happy, he was very angry, he had made up his eyes mind to destroy the whole of brave industries, then Richard would go bankrupt, he would be poor just like he is, that afternoon, he took the subway, he was on his way to brave industries industries.

Inside the subway which was a little cramped, he sat down quietly thinking of how he was gonna destroy the building when three men came up to him.

"Hey punk, get up", one of them said.

" why should I?, he replied.

"Because I f**king said so", the guy replied.

" yea, what he said ", the second added.

" actually, it's because he wants to sit", the third one said.

"Shut up!, you two...arrgh, that's why I don't like taking you out",then he faces Mike, " now kid, stand up "

"What did you just call me?, Mike said as his arms began to heat up.

" I said, stand up ki....", he didn't finish his statement as he was blown off the train, the train swerved and fell.

Mike melted the steel doors with his hands as he got out of the subway, his body was turning into red and yellow all over, he had transformed to lava. Everybody started running away while some took out their phones to record.

Lava began to spray hot molten lava on the pillars and walls of the subway, "yea, run", he said in a thick voice.

" hold it, hold it", cops shouted as they pointed guns, they shot at him but the bullets just melted on contact.

He looked at them on the ground, "oh you guys are in so much trouble", he wriggles like a snake jumping on the hands of the cops. Seconds later, he walks out of the subway, " they are lucky I don't kill people", he had melted the cops legs so they couldn't walk, one of the cops managed to pick up his transmitter, he shouted loud on it, "lava is on the loose, I repeat he is on the loose".

Lava looks around, he had not been to this part of the city, didn't recognized where he was, he shouted at a civilian, " you, which way to brave industries?", the civilian pointed southwards, shaking. Lava nodded and spread his whole body into lava as he moved on, melting everything on his way leaving a trail of lava.

  (Back at the secret lab)

Mr Alfred put the gauntlets in a silver suitcase, "take every important thing you can find, he said to the three armed men".

" what about this ones?, one of the ken knocked asked pointing to Richard and Doc Bernard.

"Get rid of them", Mr Alfred said as he left the lab.

The men turned around as one of them carried his gun and pointed it at them, " you heard the boss, goodbye ". A gunshot was heard and the man fell down as he shot, the bullet missed Richard's face, the man fell, someone else had shot him. The other two looked around looking for the shooter.

" you looking for me boys", a man said coming into the lab, Richard recognized the voice, it was tony, his stepfather, he walked in holding two guns, as they shot at him, he slid under and shot them both, they dropped dead.

"Uh", Richard's said with his mouth agape as tony tried to free them both.

" hey son", tony said untying him, "sorry about you finding the truth", Tony said to him.

" how did you learn how to use a gun", Richard asked.

Doc Bernard stood up after being freed, "your stepfather is an ex- marine, didn't you know that"

"Until now", Richard replied.

Tony untied Richard, we've gotta get out of here he said, Doc Bernard went ahead as the two followed, when they got outside...

" sorry for not believing you dad", Richard said.

"It's okay, I was a little rusty to.., wait did you just call me, dad!"

"Yes dad," he replied.

Tony jumped up and danced around " thank you".

"Clap clap clap", cybershot clapped his hands, still wearing his gauntlets, " great family reunion but I'm sorry I'll have to end it", then he blasts them as both got out of range in time, then another blast, "you have no where to hide".

" I can't fight him, Mr Alfred has taken Reed away", Richard told Tony.

Cybershot blasted the car that they used to hide, he could see them now as he targeted the arms on them, "goodnight", just then a bulb lands in front on cybershot and blows, as the dust clears, cybershot was on the ground, his gauntlets destroyed.

" wow those need some work ", doc Bernard said.

" thanks doc, you should know I really preferred your light bulbs", tony said.

"Yes indeed, hmm", Doc Bernard replied.

" so where to now", Tony asked.

"This just came in about twenty minutes ago", Doc Bernard shows him the phone, it was a picture of lava terrorizing the city.

" let's go save the city ", Richard said and smiled .

All entered the car and drove off.

         ************************

Stay tuned for the final chapter, I am sound-wave!