Chapter 1: Ignition

"Avatar Korra!" I exclaim hugging the girl who has just arrived in our tent, she gives me a quick hug then we separate. Iroh; my brother shakes her hand and gives her a soft smile.

"Korra," he greets. She places her staff down and walks to the other side of the table. "We are really spread out but we should be able to compete with her army."

"But not this mecha mega weapon that we've been told about but you know we will try," I state, placing both of my hands on the table. It goes quiet and a loud rumble occurs, my breath hitches as we all turn to look at the exit.

I slowly walk towards the gap, I lift it open and step out. From behind a mountain walks a 25 story high mecha suit, it looked like it was made of platinum and it had a gun on its right arm.

"She's here," I mutter as my brother walks out. We stare at it terrified whilst Korra continues to look defiant. A trait that could either get her killed or assist in her survival during this time. I feel my hands start to tremble as it stomps closer and closer to the camp.

It stops right in front of the barbed wire fence, my breath stops as Iroh grabs my arm and pulls me back into the tent. He turns the radio up and we listen to Kuvira and President Raiko speak.

"Kuvira, this is President Raiko; I order you to stand down. Turn your army around and leave," Raiko commands.

"You're in no position to give orders." Kuvira states.

"Stand down, or we will attack!" Raiko threatens.

"I don't think you understand the power I possess. Let me make it clear." My stomach drops, I walk over to the tent opening and look out.

The huge gun is now aimed at Republic City, a purple glow of energy shoots out in a long continuous beam. I step back in shock, Iroh places his hand on my shoulder comfortingly. I grab it gingerly.

He lets go and rushes to the radio, "Mister President, do I have your order to engage?" He asks urgently, I look out at the mecha, it's gun was now pointed straight at us.

In one second she could kill the only two heirs to the Fire Nation and the Avatar. She would be able to win the war quickly but still she asked for our surrender but in my heart I knew we shouldn't. 

"You have three seconds before I wipe out your army." She states. The line goes silent as we wait for our verdict, it buzzes while Iroh holds the microphone to his mouth. "Time's up!"

"STOP." Raiko cries, I sigh and Iroh slams the microphone down onto its receiver. "We surrender. Republic City is yours."

"I'm not surrendering!" Korra says furious, I look at her with a determined look.

"Then get back to the city before she sees you, I'll come with you and we will find a way to beat this." I state, she nods and I share a look with my brother. Korra walks to the exit while I give Iroh a hug. "Be safe."

"You too. I love you." He says softly, I smile and let go. Korra and I nod, we crouch down and sprint through the quiet camp towards the city.

-

-

We reach a warehouse, she guides me through the hallways then we enter a large room through double doors.

Inside groups stand talking but once Korra and I walk in they all look at us. I look around and spot a familiar set of arrows on  certain bald head.

"Raiko surrendered. It's down to us now." Korra states, I look around and there was a lot of people from numerous backgrounds. My gaze catches a guy in a grey uniform, he felt familiar and he was attractive.

"Princess Rina." Tenzin states shocked at my appearance, I smile and bow my head. "What are you doing here?"

"I've come to help, I'm a princess of the Fire Nation not a damsel in distress." I say firmly, he nods impressed with my answer.

"Even with your help, how are we supposed to fight an entire army, a mecha giant and that crazy weapon?" A black haired boy says, I look at him with a solemn expression. He looked terrified and upset.

"We can't fight it but maybe we can cripple it." A pretty black haired woman pips up, she turns to another woman. "Zhu Li when you were spying on Kuvira, did you learn anythings about that metal monster?"

"I had no idea they were even building it." The latter stutters.

"Guess Baatar Jr. is a better inventor then I thought." A Man, I believe is Varrick says annoyed. "Don't tell him I said that."

"That it!" Korra cries happily, I look at her and pick up on her idea. "Baatar Jr. bulit it, he'll know hoe to take it down!."

"Korra you genius, We capture him and get him to talk." I finish a large smile on my face, I look at Tenzin and he steps forward again.

"I know it's a long shot but it's the only chance we have, and if we don't..." Korra rambles trying to convince the old man.

"Korra, I'm in." He states now as determined as her.

"We'll need a stealth team of airbenders to get in and out of Baatar's airship unnoticed. Tenzin, Bumi, Jinora, Kai, lets get moving." Korra orders, now commanding the mission.

She quickly plans with them while I walk over to the black haired woman. "I don't believe we have had the pleasure of meeting yet,"

"My name is Asami Sato, I'm the owner of Future Industries, I must say it is an honor to meet you Princess Rina." She says shaking my hand, I smile and wave her off laughing.

"Please just Rina, I have heard a lot of good things about your company. I should be honored." She smiles sheepishly, I smile and turn to the boy beside her. "And what is your name?"

"Bolin, your majesty?" I raise an eyebrow and smirk, "I'm an Earth Bender, um I use to work for Kuvira..." He stutters nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"Seriously, please I don't want any formalities, I'm your equal for now." I say, he nods and continues to blush. I turn to the last one, the handsome grey uniform wearer. "Now before you tell me you name, I must ask are you a fire bender?"

"Yeah, how did you know?" He asks surprised, I shrug.

"You felt familiar, that was the only thing I could think of plus you have this spark in your eye. My grandfather always said that you could tell, most of the time that is." I explain, now rambling. I was getting quite flustered talking to him, something that doesn't happen often for me.

"My name is Mako, I'm Bolin's older brother and Prince Wu's Body Guard." He says, I nod impressed. "He can be a handful."

"I can imagine, I've known him for most of my life and after this is over I'll be joining you in the Earth Kingdom as an ambassador." I announce, "I'll protect myself though, you can concentrate on Wu, I'm sure he'll need it."

"Well, we'll see."