19. Bastian

19. Bastian

Bastian 

"Is it done?"

"Not quite."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't get to her."

"You can't?"

I got up from around the desk and walked over to him. I'd given him one thing to do. Deliver a message to my dear ex-fiance, but it looks like I'll have to do it myself.

"You can leave."

He walked quickly from the office hoping I wouldn't change my mind and slit his throat right then and there.

Oh Katarina, you do not want to play this game with me. You are going to lose.

I sat back in my chair. I knew she had seen me the other day, but she's playing coy. I guess I'd just have to make myself more visible by moving my plan forward.

It wasn't hard to find out her daily routine and schedule. In fact, I was quite surprised as how easy it was to do so. Nonetheless, I did.

My car pulled up to the location and I got out and looked around. It was nice. The location was secluded and peaceful. It was the perfect place for a quiet family dinner, and it was the perfect place for me to make her totally unravel.

My eyes landed on her instantly. She hadn't changed much. Of course she was older now, but her features were the same. Her long red hair was pulled back away from her face allowing everyone around her to see those captivating green eyes of hers that I'd always loved. However, those eyes were focused on one person, Talon De Luca; the first born. She must have really liked what he was saying because she was smiling at him.

My hands balled into fists.

How dare she look at another man? She was mine. She's going to die as mine. I wasn't ready for her yet though. I'd take care of her support system first, leaving her exposed and vulnerable, and then, only them will I take what belongs to me.

In a flash, I changed my mind and course of action and exited the restaurant. My time would come.

*** Flashback ***

I told you that dress looks horrible! What have you been eating? You look fat! Are you pregnant? You had better not be. I told you I'm not ready for a child! Go change."

"I like this dress. I don't think anything is wrong with it."

"What did you just say?" I walked over to her. "Were you just questioning me? I said go and fucking change!"

She nodded and left. She infuriates me at times. I love her but she's never perfect enough. There's always something wrong or out of place.

She came back in a more modest dress.

"That's better." Why hadn't she worn that in the first place? "You look lovely, but you seem to have gained some weight. I'll arrange for your personal trainer to stay longer each day."

She remained quiet.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing."

I walked over to her.

"You know I love you, right?"

"I know."