Chapter 1: how it all started

'I hate him, I hate him!' I yelled it through the cafe where I was with my two of my best friends. They gave me another glass of whiskey. I take it in one shot. 'He really does anything only to speak to me. He is ignorant! He owns a company and thinks he is everything. Almost everyone in the company talks about him. Handsome? There are plenty of guys who are more handsome than him. Just look at him.' I pointed random at somebody. He smiled and waved. I smiled and waved drunkenly back. He got further with his talk. I sigh. 'True he is handsome but so rude. He looks so good in a suit. The worst part of it I only will make him angrier.'

Two years ago I made a huge mistake. I was just a college student in economics. I found a scandal of his company L.O.D. in the newspaper. That day the CEO of the company held a speech about his success. While attending his speech I notice he didn't talk about his own scandal. I really wish I didn't raise my hand that day. He noticed it. 'Recently your company has been into a scandal of fraud, can you talk about it a little bit more.'

He laughed it off, 'Together with another company we solved it.'

'How was it solved? I think they had their reasons to make it public but it was without a solution in it.'

'You are really curious, aren't you?' I nod. 'Look out your curiosity might kill you one day.'

That made me so freaking mad and I said, 'it is good to be curious about things and you didn't answer my question.'

'True. As the new CEO I went through the books and saved the company.'

'You sound like a hero when you are not.'

He smiled and looked at the ground. I was going even madder, he even liked it. 'I like you and I might hire you even one day.'

I smirked, 'Don't expect that.' He only smiled.

Two years later when I graduated. I tried to get hired by any company I want to work for but I got rejected until one company hired me. It was a sister company A.O.D. from his company. I asked about it in the interview about what kind of connections they had with L.O.D. Company. Only the CEO was the older brother of this company and deliver all kinds of products and staff to them. I asked if I could be transfered too. They smiled, 'No, we need you here more.' I smiled.

Two days after the interview I got a call. I got the job. I never felt so happy after 6 months searching for a job.

The first day on my work, I got a call from an unknown number. I picked it up, 'So you are almost here.' I looked confused at my screen to locate the call id of the phone. 'You don't recognize my voice after two years? I wouldn't be either.' I could feel him smirking. 'Congrats with diploma and getting hired. Your diploma is a great one, sadly you couldn't get anywhere hired but thank you for mention me at your interview. It made me a lot easier to find you. My brother immediately asked me about you.'

'You.... You didn't let me get hired anywhere, didn't you?' I heard him laughing and scrubbed my head in anger. I put my phone back on my desk and sighed while my hands going through my hair. My first day was starting with his voice.

I decided to block his number as first thing do on my work day. It couldn't be blocked. I saw my chat going up with the message: 'You can't block my chat and my number. Something I have made sure of it.' I sighed and looked around. The introduction of every staff here on this department was way too short to remember all the names. I only remembered Laura because my best friend called Laura. I saw somebody walking to me and helped me to get started with my work. That day I only heard about the brother of L.O.D. Company. How handsome he was and smart. They showed me pictures how he looked like. I called my friends that day and said, 'I need to talk to you two tonight.'

---
I saw my friend poured another drink. I took that one as well in one shot. Laura said, 'you don't see him then it is going to be alright I think.' Carla smiled and touched my shoulder, 'look at the best part I heard that his brother your boss is also hot and smart.' I looked at her and smiled drunkenly, 'you can have him.'

'I will do my best.' I smirked, 'I never spoke to him but I think he is totally the opposite of his younger brother. He has blond hair and green eyes unlike his brother with dark brown hair with coffee brown eyes.' I looked at the empty glasses. 'I need to stop drinking otherwise I will be trash the next morning on work.'

I stood up but I fell back in my seat. 'Let me help.' Laura helped and Carla paid the bill.

The next day I got a call from my own boss. His voice was really calm and soothing. I needed to come up stairs. I knocked on his door and he said, 'come in.' I came in and took a seat in front his desk. He looked really handsome. His blond hair wasn't this time so tight in a haircut as in the pictures. He looked up and asked, 'Do you like it here?' I nodded, 'The atmosphere is really nice and everyone is really helpful.' He smiled, 'I am glad to hear that. Your first day wasn't bad as I hear.' I smiled, 'no it wasn't.'

He laid his hands tied on the desk, 'If I may ask but what is your connection with you and my brother?' I bite my under lip. I didn't want to tell him so early because I didn't knew him so well. 'It is okay you don't have to tell but I am curious. He smirked a lot while we talked about you but he also didn't wanted to tell me.' I stayed quiet after it. I was glad he didn't say it. He stood up and I stood also up. We shook hands and he said, 'Welcome here. I hope to see more of you.' I smiled, 'Thank you.' I walked away and felt his eyes in my back.