Chapter 8: Jealousy

Friday the moment of the truth. I sat on the bench and saw Jack coming I stood up and waited until he came out. I smiled to him. He said, ‘This is how I always imagine it instead of seeing your back all the time,’ he smiled happily at him and gave me a peek on my cheek. ‘Yaay,’ I pushed him back and looked around.

In the elevator he touched my hand and we hold hands until the lift reached floor 9. I smiled and let him loose. I walked to his office. I opened my back and took a paper out and lay it on his desk. ‘I have made all the connections in had in inside my head.’ He took a seat in his chair and looked at it. I started to explain, ‘You see Mick was in the college hall two years ago. I think I saw him in the café where we,’ I pointed at Laura, Carla and me names, ‘were.’ Two weeks later Carla came in with the boyfriend.’ I pointed at Mick. ‘I don’t know but I think he is reason he stopped me from getting hired but I don’t know how.’ Jack nodded, ‘Let’s search him on the internet. He probably may have Facebook or something else.’ I suddenly remember something, ‘That is it. I remember Carla saying he met Mick through a comment on Facebook.’ He opened Facebook and searched the name of it. Most of his information were hidden. ‘I can log in.’ I logged in on mine and saw he was friends with Carla. I opened his Facebook and we looked through Facebook. I saw many posts with friends and even liked the fan pages of a gay club in his past. I wrote it down and saw Jack scrolling through my Facebook. ‘Yaay, focus!’ He smiled, ‘I wanted to know.’ I smiled, ‘you can do that later. Let’s see about Micks connections.’ We looked through his connections.

I suddenly said, ‘stop. Look he even has a connection with Laura of my department.’ I looked at it better. ‘Wow they even look like sister and brother.’ I saw Jack nodding, ‘they are look just look at their surnames.’ I wrote Laura’s name on the paper and started to make connections. I screamed from disbelief and mumbled in myself, ‘Mick knew Jack was going to hire me and avoided almost every application of me until I applied by Ricks company. That is why Laura was able to gossip the rumour that I hated Jack and Mick got that from Carla and he knew Rick was gay.’ Jack looked at my paper.

‘You are sure Mick is in love with my brother?’

‘I don’t know.’ I looked at my paper, ‘I am not sure of it but I sure of Laura spread the rumour that I hated you,’ I bite my under lip for a moment and looked at him. ‘Don’t worry Marilyn.’ I smiled awkwardly and continued, ’I think she heard from Mick that you brother was gay.’

I knew he looked at me when I said that. I continued, ‘now we only need a plan to make confess them.’

‘Why?’ I looked at Jack. ‘Don’t you feel angry at him what he did to me?’

‘Yes, it is the best way to let it stay this way and tell my brother, Alex and Carla about it.’

He shoved his chair a little away and took me on his lap. I sighed, ‘without getting revenge for me’