Chapter 9: Changes happened fast!

I woke up and saw him next to me. I never thought he would lay next to me. It all just feels like a dream. I smiled and felt the pain of it. Like somebody just pinched me to get out of a dream but he was still laid here sleeping. I touched his face with one finger and followed the contour of his eyebrows, ‘Thank you Jack for being here.’ He smiled, ‘good morning Marilyn.’

‘Yaay, stop smiling. It will hurt me if I smile too.’ I saw he couldn’t help it too stop smiling and I closed my eyes. ‘Today we are going to catch him, right?’ He hugged me and said, ‘definitely.’

I smiled at his answer, ‘ah it hurts.’ He chuckled and stood up. He looked at me, ‘so this is what you look like when you slept.’

‘Yaay,’ I took my pillow and threw it at him. He dodged it.

While in the kitchen by our breakfast we talked about how we are going to catch it. We made a plan together in which only involved Jack, Alex, Rick and Carla. Jack needed to leave early because of work. At the end of the day and called him and asked him, ‘Jack could you call, it doesn’t matter how late you will call. Just tell me you are okay, alright?’

‘I will do that.’ I smiled, ‘ai that hurts.’ I heard him chuckling ‘it will be over soon.’ I smiled and said, ‘stay safe.’

Late at night he called me, ‘it worked.’ I sit up straight and asked, ‘aren’t you hurt? Or you brother or anybody?’

‘No he was too weak for Alex.’

‘Luckily but how did it go?’

‘According the plan. Carla called him and he came into the parking lot. Carla told him what happened and she even found out he liked photos of news of Rick. Mick try to explain it to her that everybody does it. That is when Rick came in. He showed him a letter and said of it was from him. Surprisingly he even acknowledged it that he did it. Alex couldn’t handle it and came behind the pillar and got between Rick and Mick. Mick had it through it was all planned and screamed at Carla that is was trap for him to make him confess. Then I decided to do something. I said: that is what you get when you ruined six months from my girlfriend by destroying her future and you even punched her. I hit him as first but he wanted to hit me back but Alex suddenly stood between us and took the blow and hit him back.’

‘Is Alex alright?’

‘Yes. Mick couldn’t take the blows of Alex and cried for help and even screamed Rick name. Alex couldn’t held it in anymore but Rick told him to stop. I was even amazed what kind of power my brother has over him. I mean I wouldn’t fight with Alex and I definitely can’t say that he needed to stop.’  I smiled, ‘I think Alex will also listen to you if Rick wasn’t involved like this.’

‘Yeah, maybe you are right.’ I smiled and sighed happily. It stayed quiet for a few seconds. We were both in thoughts what happened in these few weeks.  

‘Thank you Jack for everything. I am glad I spoke to you in the college hall.’ I heard Jack saying few seconds later, ‘I am glad I met you through that. You stayed for a long time in my head. I heard you still in my head saying you sound like a hero when you are not.’ I chuckled, ‘you are my hero right now.’ I heard him saying chuckling, ‘I always want to be one.’ I chuckled and turned over in my bed, ‘and I love my hero.’ He waited a few seconds, ‘I love you too babe.’ I chuckled, ‘Good night Jack, see you tomorrow.’

‘Have Sweet dreams babe and I will come to see you tomorrow.’

I smiled and said, ‘I can’t wait for it.’

-The End-

I really hope you liked it!! THANK YOu FOR READING IT!!!! 😊