chapter 3: not how it always will work.

It was over five o’clock and I stood up. Laura came to me and asked me if I could finish her work because she had an appointment.’ I looked at her, ‘How long will it take me?’

‘Only one hour.’ I nodded. ‘Thank you so much, Marilyn.’

I smiled at her, ‘See you tomorrow.’

I got behind her desk and got further with her work. Almost everyone left and said goodbye to me. Marja came to me, ‘Don’t do this too often for her.’

I nodded, ‘see you tomorrow.’

It only was ten minutes left until six o’clock. ‘Here she is.’ I felt a shiver on my back. I looked up and saw him standing in the door opening. He smirked while he walked to me. He looked a so good in his black suit without a tie. His quiff hairstyle was dark brown and was painted with high lights. Two years ago he didn’t had a beard but now his short beard made him even manlier. He looked even better than in the photos. I looked at my screen and tried to ignore him. His brother came in, ‘here you are!’ I looked at his brother. His brother had a dark blue suit on with light blue blouse under it and his blond hair was in a side fringe style. They both had a diamond face shape. It was quite unique that they were brothers based on the differences. I heard them talking and I concentrate on my work.

I finished fast something. It became quiet and forgot about them. I sighed and did a few stretches. ‘Finished?’ I looked up. Jack never left and he looked at me. I felt a blush coming up and I said, ‘yes.’ I closed the computer and putted my jack on. ‘Don’t wait for me!’ I said angrily while I putted my scarf around my neck. It was October and I was afraid I would caught a cold. He smiled and walked to me. ‘Stop! What are you doing?’ He stopped and looked at me, ‘your scarf isn’t helping you.’ I sighed, ‘that is something I decide.’ I walked the other way and walked away from him. I was still angry at him for what he did to me.

I got outside and I realise he was right. My scarf didn’t helped me at all. I still felt the cold in my neck. I sighed and replaced the scarf around my neck. I waited for the bus. ‘Why are you wearing a scarf?’ I shocked. ‘Why are you here?’

‘Your voice don’t sound that bad.’ I looked at him, ‘why are you wearing a scarf then?’

‘Because I am afraid I would catch a cold.’ I mumbled, ‘same and you didn’t answer my first question.’

The bus came. Before I stepped he hold my arm for a moment and said, ‘next time don’t wait here alone anymore.’ I looked irritated at him, ‘that is something I decide also for myself.’

The next morning I brought a rapport by Rick. He asked, ‘how was my brother?’

I hold the rapport still tight in my hand while his hand already took it. Like I needed to think about that answer. ‘He was okay.’ I let the rapport loose. ‘Did you slept well?’

I blinked with eyes for a moment. He already found out. ‘Yes.’ I smiled and asked, ‘is there anything else you want me to do?’ He shook his head in a no and smiled, ‘you may leave.’

I left him and hided myself behind the screen I sighed. I saw on my screen a chat opened of him with the message, ‘did you slept well? Probably not because of me.’  I closed eyes painfully to fight the sleep. It is true I did think of him. The whole night he was in my head. I looked at the door and smiled.

Laura patched me on the shoulder. ‘What did you do yesterday?’

‘What?’

‘The ending is horrible of it.’ I confusedly took the papers out of her hand. My eyes grew bigger when I saw the mistakes. ‘I am Sorry, Laura. I never meant to make those.’ She sighed, ‘I need to deliver it in 15 minutes. Could you help me?’ I nodded and helped her.