Chapter 7: Dreams are scary!

I stood there before his company waiting until he arrived. I woke up this morning with the dream Laura and Mick smirking at while I was crying behind my desk.

I saw Jack cars coming in to the street and I waited until he stepped out. He nodded at me worried. I drove the Feline house. He didn’t talk and I knew he waited until I started. I couldn’t get started with the conversation. In my head I remember Mick looking at me and asking me questions about my work when I got dinner by my brother. ‘Tell me Marilyn. What is on your mind?’ I sighed, ‘I had a dream about Laura and Mick last night. I remembered that Mick the boyfriend of Carla was by your speech to two years ago yesterday.’ I waited for few seconds and to focus on my driving. I continued after it, ‘I am trying to figure out why I had that dream? Why was Laura and Mick in it? Or was it just a coincident he was her boyfriend.’ I hit the steer frustrated, ‘I don’t understand anything of it and feel the connections of it but I can’t explain and basing it all on dream sounds so awkward.’ I got by Feline house and Jack said before he got out, ‘Marilyn, it don’t sound weird at all. We will figure it out together.’ I looked at him walking to her house. He sounded confident but I didn’t think I will ever know the answer.

 He let Feline in and I drove in silent and listen to them. I felt Jack eyes checking me and looked at the road often. Feline got irritated because she couldn’t get Jacks attention. I sighed. The wise thing to do was to do nothing and just listen. I heard Feline saying, ‘Jack, Can we go shopping for once? We had yesterday the whole day doing business.  I wanted to have fun.’

I heard Jack saying, ‘I don’t like shopping you know that.’ Feline almost yelled, ‘you want it to make it public that you don’t want to be like your brother. Now this is the way.’  I bite under lip to prevent myself from yelling at her that there was nothing wrong with Rick. ‘There is nothing wrong with my brother and you know that Feline but I am different. Shopping won’t help, people only have to see when that I have a supported girlfriend.’ I smirked because it made Feline a little bit speechless. ‘Then I am going to stop with this.’ That made Jack speechless, ‘Okay we will go shopping.’

Feline quickly gave the address of shopping centre.

I sat still in the car while we were in parking lot of shopping centre. I waited until Jack and Feline stepped out. I stepped out and I saw Jack and Feline walking away. Jack looked back and said, ‘Marilyn can you come with us?’

‘No, have fun!’ I turned around and walked away to get the other elevator.

I walked outside. ‘Marilyn?’ I looked up and saw Rick and Alex. ‘Hi!’

‘What are you doing here?’ Rick looked behind me, ‘where is my brother?’

I smirked, ‘Shopping with Feline.’ Rick looked worried at me, ‘he hates shopping.’

‘He will survived it.’ Rick still looked worried, ‘Marilyn come with us I will show it to you.’ He took my arm and got in the shopping centre. I couldn’t resist him because Rick hold me tightly.

‘Rick touched my shoulder, ‘look.’ I looked at the way his finger pointed. I saw him almost angrily watching at all the girl stuff Feline showed to him. ‘He really hates it.’

‘How come? He always looks so good in his suits.’

‘I choose those suits for him.’ I looked at Rick, ‘but you are shorter than him.’

‘I know but I know his sizes very well.’ I looked at Jack I felt bad for not joining them. I saw Feline took Jack at a suits shop to cheer his mood up. Alex said, ‘We should stop them.’ Rick nodded, ‘Are you coming with us?’ I nodded and walked behind them. I got in a seat and Alex got in the one next to me. I looked at him, ‘How long do you know Rick?’ He smiled, ‘For a year already. He really likes shopping but I don’t like it but if it is with him I don’t mind it.’