Chapter 1 - Princess?

(A/N: I wrote this at age thirteen and before season two even came out so sorry if the story is a little weird or doesn't make sense at times haha. Anyways I love y'all!!)

Marinette P.O.V.

Today started out like any other day. I woke up late, I took too long to get ready, and I arrived late for class, again. And to make it worse, when I entered class, I saw Adrien sitting at his desk, who might I add is probably the greatest guy ever, and he looked at me, then waved. I swear my heart started pounding and my knees were all wobbly, but I did my best to hide my red face and wave back. A big, goofy smile was across my face. Suddenly, I heard Mrs. Bustier say my name and I realized I'd been waving at him for about two minutes. I blushed even harder.

"Hello, Marinette. Please take your seat and write down the notes I'd already written on the board," Mrs. Bustier said, looking agitated. I smiled shamefully and retreated to my desk. I could hear a few of my classmates snicker, but I just brushed it off.

"Hey, girl. Why are you late this time? Sleeping in?" Alya whispered to me, laughing. I rolled my eyes and giggled slightly.

"That's rig-" I began, but was cut off by Mrs. Bustier saying my name again. I immediately look up to her, scared I was in trouble. She was holding a blue piece of paper as she looked at me, her foot tapping the ground.

"Marinette, the principle wants to see you. Please leave your stuff here and head to his office," She said, making me slightly fearful. A few students did that thing where they go, 'ooOOooooOOoo' as I stood up. I even heard Chloe cackle and whisper something to Sabrina. Alya looked at me questioningly, but I just shrugged my shoulders. I've been called to the principle's office a few times before, so it wasn't that big of a deal, but I couldn't help but feel worried.

I approached Mr. Damocles's office and knocked on the door. "Mr. Damocles, may I come in?"

I could slightly hear murmuring behind the door, then it opened. Inside the office was the principle, Maman, and Papa. Mr. Damocles was the one who had opened the door, and his face showed excitement, nervousness, and curiousity. I gulped and went to my parents, who were standing near the left corner of the room.

"Hello, dear, sorry for pulling you out of class so early," My mom said smiling, "but your father and I have very important news for you."

News? What kind of news? Was I in trouble? Are we moving?

I smiled as innocently as I could and asked her, "What is it Maman?"

This time Papa spoke, "Well, this is a big thing for you, so you might want to sit down." I took his suggestion and sat on the chair in front of Mr. Damocles's desk. Maman and Papa looked at each other knowingly and took a deep breath.

Maman said, "My name is Empress Sabine of China, and your father is Emperor Tom of China. Personally, I am a direct descendent of the previous emperor and empress, so when your father married me, he was entered into the bloodline - even if he isn't Chinese."

I stared at them, then burst into laughter. Maman, Empress of China?! And Papa, Emperor?! No way they pulled me out of class to prank me!

Maman and Papa looked at me worriedly, and I held my hand up. After I finished my fit I said to them, "Really? You-and empress? And you an emperor? Honestly Maman, I thought you had a better sense of your humor than that."

They both shook their heads. "Honey, we're telling the truth. We are the rulers of China, and that would make you a princess."

Papa's words froze me. Me? A princess? No way...

"Y-your being honest?" I asked shakily. They nodded their heads. I could feel the world spinning. "Why didn't you tell me before?"

They frowned, and Maman answered calmly, "We wanted to dear, it's just there was a security breach in China when you were born, so us, the royal family, fled to Paris to maintain our safety."

"A security breach?"

This time it was Papa's turn, "There was word that someone, an assasin most likely, had targeted you and your mother when we announced your birth."

"So we decided to leave our most trusted advisor in charge while we're away," Maman said softly. I could still feel the world spinning and my head felt light.

"Only a select few know about your true identities, including me of course," I heard Mr. Damocles say from behind me. Maman and Papa nodded their heads.

"I-I need a minute," I said and hurried out the door into the fresh, morning air. I heard Mr. Damocles say my name, but then Maman and Papa calmed him down.

I still can't believe it... Me, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, princess of China, heir to the throne... What am I supposed to tell Alya? What if she finds o-

My thoughts were cut off by a sweet, male voice, "Hey, Marinette." I turned to see Adrien walking up to me. He was smiling and waving slightly. I could feel myself blush profusely and looked down, attempting to hide it.

"H-hi, A-Adrien," I stuttered, and mentally slapped myself for it.

"I came outside and saw you looked a little upset. Is everything alright?"

"Totally! I mean, uh, everything is hunky-dory," I grinned then mentally slapped myself again. 'Hunky-dory?' What the heck is hunky-dory?

Adrien laughed and I frowned. Although, he looked amazing when he laughed, and he sounded amazing, too. "Sorry, Mari. It's just that," He laughed again, "I've never heard the phrase 'hunky dory' and it just sounded so funny."

Wait- did Adrien just give me a nickname? No one has called me Mari, before except Maman when I was a baby.

I blushed even harder, "S-So, why are you out here anyway? Shouldn't you be in class?"

He froze, then whispered 'whoopsie' to himself, and I threw my head back laughing.

"I was supposed to be going to the bathroom," Adrien whispered, then sprinted off back to class. He yelled back to me, "Bye Mari! See you later!" I waved back and felt all of the heat in my face grow hotter. He called me 'Mari' again...

"Sweetie?" I heard Maman call me from Mr. Damocles's office. Her voice full of worry. I turned around and walked back in, still nervous. Papa was standing next to Maman, his hand on her shoulder, and Mr. Damocles was behind his desk, sitting in his chair. I took a deep breath, and went over to Maman.

"Are you alright? Do you need anything?" Papa said. I shook my head and smiled.

"I'm okay, Papa. I just, I can't believe it..." I said looking at my feet. Maman and Papa laughed and said it was okay to feel that way.

"Ahem, Your majesties, remember the news you meant to tell your daughter?" Mr. Damocles whispered, loud enough for us to hear. I looked at my parents questioningly and they both sighed.

"Darling, we will be flying to China tonight. We recieved word from our royal advisor saying our subjects worry that the royal family has disappeared. So we are going out to give them hope, and let them know we are alive and well. Also, this is the first time we will truly reveal you to the public, meaning your friends in Paris could find out. So, brace yourself, alright darling?" Maman said, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"We're going out tonight? People may find out in Paris? Maman?! I can't tell them! Wait, what about the assasin?! If he figures out my name and that I'm alive, I could be in danger!"

(A/N) Thank you for being here to read this! It's my first fanfic and I hope you like it! Wow! Over 1,200 words! Crazy! Anyway, stay tuned for the next chapter! Love you all!

-Lennie.