Chapter 4 - School Field Trip!

Adrien P.O.V.

"Wake up Adrien, you need to get ready for school," I heard Natalie say from behind my bedroom door. Looking up from my ladybug print pillow, I saw light shine from my glass wall, blinding me. I groaned and sat up, rubbing my eyes. 

"You look like a wreck," Plagg, who had been asleep next to me, said after a small yawn. I glared at him and slid out of bed groggily. "What? It's not your fault Ladybug didn't show up for patrol last night. You waited until, like, 3:00 in the morning."

"I know, Plagg. It's not like her to miss patrol like that. Do you think she's hurt? What if Hawkmoth captured her! That could be why we had no Akumas yesterday," I ranted, putting my hand on my forehead. Plagg flew up to me, giving me a look. I furrowed my brows, "Plagg this could be serious!"

"Adrien, your forgetting she has a normal life, too you know? Something could've come up. Now feed me."

"That's true. I guess I'll wait a day or two to see if she returns. If not,  then I'll know if something's up."

"FEED ME."

I groaned and went to my hidden mini fridge and grabbed a wheel of the disgusting camembert Plagg seemed to love. He grinned and zoomed over too it, scarfing it down in two bites. 

"Plagg! That's disgusting! How can you eat that?!" I cried, holding my fingers to my nose.

"How can you not?" Was all Plagg said and went back to my bed. I rolled my eyes and put on my usual clothes, a black striped shirt, white jacket, blue jeans, and orange converse. 

I opened my jacket and Plagg zoomed into it, then I walked into the foyer. Natalie was waiting for me by the staircase, clipboard and pen in hand. She escorted me to the dining room where a single placemat, plate, and food was at the end of the table. I sighed and sat down as Natalie began to recite my schedule.

"First school, second is learning hours/school, after you will get packed for your trip to China, then-" I quickly cut her off when I heard the phrase China.

"Did you just say 'get packed for your trip to China?'" I exclaimed. Natalie looked at me, cocking her head. 

"Didn't you know? Your class is going on an educational field trip to China, and you'll have a chance to go to the palace and meet the royal family. Your father has already agreed to let you go."

"I'm going to China?! Wait, Father had already agreed to this? He never does. Is there a certain reason why?" I asked curiously. Father hardly even let me attend school, how is he letting me go all the way to China? No way he'd let me, would he?

Natalie looked at her clipboard, "Not that I know of, but I did hear that your girlfriend, Marinette, will meet us there."

I blushed and looked at her, "Marinette is n-not my girlfriend, she just a friend." Natalie's eyes widened and her face was red with embarrassment. She quickly apologized and corrected herself, making me laugh a little.

TIME SKIP

I met with Alya and Nino for lunch, since Mari wasn't here. They were going on and on about our trip to China that began tonight, and I just smiled here and there. I was just lost wondering about where Marinette went and why/how she'll meet us there. Is she in trouble? Is she meeting her family in China?

Alya noticed how out of it I was and put her hand on my shoulder, "Hey, Adrien, are you okay?" I looked at her and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm just a little worried about Marinette. I don't know what happened to her. I even heard she was meeting us at China," I replied and looked down at the ground. There was snickering coming from the two of them and I plainly rolled my eyes. 

"True, the girl hasn't told me anything. I don't know what's going on, but we'll definitely ask her when we see her tomorrow," Alya said reassuringly, and I nodded my head in return. 

TIME SKIP (AGAIN)

I zipped up my second suitcase around 4:20 p.m., satisfied yet exhausted from all of the packing. There were enough clothes in the suitcases for our two week trip to China. 

"You have too much stuff," Plagg complained, flying onto the black suitcase with green zippers. I placed both hands on my hips and gave him a look, he just chuckled and nommed on the camembert I'd given him two minutes ago.

"Adrien? Are you all packed up? The flight leaves in 45 minutes and we need to get you to the airport," Natalie said, entering my room. Plagg flew into my jacket and I leaned on my second suit case, a black bag with a green paw print. 

"Yes, Natalie," I replied and grabbed both of the suitcases. We walked out into the foyer and I looked around for Father. "Do you know where Father is? I'd like to say goodbye to him before we leave." 

She looked down, and sighed. 

"He's away, isn't he?"

"Yes, he did say he's sorry he couldn't be here to say goodbye, but he got you a ticket in First Class for you and a friend."

"Of course he did," I mumbled and we walked out the door with Natalie next to me. Our limo was parked outside our gates, and I got in automatically. Father's never here. Well, if he is he'd always be working and never had time for me, ever since Mom went missing. He just tries to make up for it by getting me expensive stuff. 

"We're here, Adrien," Natalie's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked out the window. My classmates were waiting by the airport entrance and they waved as they saw my limo. I opened the door and grabbed my suitcases from the trunk.

"Whoa, dude. I love the Chat Noir vibes you got going on," Nino said as we fist-bumped. I heard a gasp come from Alya as she grabbed her suitcase and held it next to mine.

"We match!" She squealed and showed me her Ladybug themed suitcase. I grinned in return, but it soon faded away as I heard a dying hyena screech,

"Adrikins!"

(A/N Yoyoyo. I hoped you like the new P.O.V! I sure do. I seriously can't stop writing chapters for this story. I really like it lol. Anyway stay tuned chatons. Love you!)

-Lennie