Chapter 21 - Snap

(A/N I dedicate this chapter to the Wattpad user @Marry_chatwoman a new friend of mine <3)

Adrien P.O.V.

A loud gasp came from each of my classmates as they stared at the picture of my father, their eyes wide as saucers. The man in the black suit held a straight face, and peered down at us as if we were ants he could squash easily with his foot. His mouth turned slightly downward, a ghost of a frown trying hard to hide. 

"F-Father?" I whispered, and felt my jaw ache after hanging open for a long period of time. Nino slowly placed his hand on my shoulder, my heart began to pound more and more in confusion and terror. 

"Dude," Nino breathed, "Am I seeing this right?" My eyes never left the sleek picture of father on the wall, as I nodded my head lightly.

"Holy sh-" Alix started, but was cut off by the sound of a door opening somewhere around a nearby corner. Two pairs of footsteps could be heard, one sounded light, and the other heavy. Suddenly, Marinette and a man similar to the one who told us my father was after the royal family appeared. 

Marinette's expression sent another wave of panic through me. Her eyes were full of fear and there were tears forming in her eyes, making them glassy. The man had his hand on the small of her back, and was walking her over to our class.

Without hesitation I ran over to her and wrapped my arms around her protectively. She immediately jolted away, and I looked at her in confusion. Then, the first tear fell, then another, and soon enough they were streaming down her cheeks.

"Marinette? What's wrong?" (A/N Honestly Adrien are you that stupid, I mean come on.) I asked as my arms still hung out in the open. She looked at me and furrowed her brows in anger.

"Are you kidding me, Adrien? You're asking me what's wrong?! No! No I'm not okay! Not at all! First off, I'm a princess, and yeah that may sound cool to you but not to me! Second, I have to deal with that...that brat over there!" Marinette yelled, and pointed to Chloe. "Third, I found out who you really are, Adrien! Fourth, Someone is after my mom and me! Not to mention that its your father and he's also Hawkmoth! So, does that answer your question?! Or do I need to say it all again?!"

I stared at her. Pain and confusion coursing through my veins as I continued to process her words.

What in the world did she mean when she said 'I found out who you really are, Adrien?' I thought to myself, There isn't a lot of things that could mean, unless... She knows. She knows who I am. She knows I'm Chat Noir. But how? How could she know this?

"I-I'm sorry, Mari... I was just trying to help," I said and looked at her, hoping for understanding. She glared at me, then took a slow, deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Adrien. I'm just...just so confused," she whispered calmly, and looked up at me. All of the pain, sorrow, sadness, confusion, and fear behind her eyes.

I stood there, motionless. Marinette's cheeks were wet from her tears and stained black from her mascara, but they had stopped. Now she was just looking at me, her hands balled into fists. I really had no idea what to say, so I looked at Alya for help. She shrugged her shoulders nervously, and I returned to Mari's gaze.

Then, a small, purple butterfly flew into the room, glowing white streaks across it's wings. My eyes widened as I watched it circle above Marinette a few times, until it began to descend. 

Everything around me fell still and silent. The only thing I could hear was the sound of my heartbeat, how it pounded and pushed against my chest. The lights of the bunker we were standing in flickered as I clenched my fists and ran toward Marinette.

Gallons of adrenaline flowed through my body, as I took swift steps toward Marinette. All of the wonderful, clumsy memories of her filled my mind and wouldn't escape. All the times she fell into my arms, or stammered in front of me, or even when she helps and cares for everyone. Even her bad moments where she makes a mistake or raises her voice pushed me to try to save her from the Akuma. 

Even if I'd been trying to deny it since the first day we met, I knew in my heart that I loved her and I could never lose her. Marinette was the one I wanted by my side forever. She had and still does mean the world to me. Even if she was Ladybug, that wouldn't end my love for her at all. In fact, I would only love her more. 

When I reached her, the Akuma had not yet hypnotized her. So, I did the only thing that came to my mind. Marinette looked up at me before I pulled her into a kiss. She didn't jump back this time, but instead wrapped her arms around my neck. 

I knew that the only way to save someone from an Akuma before they really are affected is to make them feel better, and not sad anymore. A kiss seemed to feel right.

We stood there like that for a few seconds, even if it felt like an eternity, until we released. I held her close to my heart and buried my face into her soft, raven blue hair.

"I will never let anything hurt you, okay? I'm so sorry about how inconsiderate I've been. I just want you to be happy...and I-I love you... I love you, Marinette. I always have and always will. You mean everything to me," I whispered as I closed my eyes tight and hugged her close to me.

A small gasp escaped her lips, then she looked up into my eyes. Those beautiful, sky blue eyes full of shock and something I couldn't name, gazing into my emerald green ones.

"I love you, too, Adrien Agreste."

(A/N About time am I right? I'm sorry this chapter's kinda of short but I had to get through the 'I love yous' and all that. Anyway this story is not over. There is still some unfinished business that we need to take care of. Plus, I should be updating super duper soon so expect a new chapter! Wow I was up at 2:30 this morning because I'm still trying to get used to the time change from being in Paris lol. I hope you liked this chapter because I sure did like writing it. Hmmm I wonder what will happen with the Akuma...? lol anyway good morning my little kittens! Happy December!)

-Lennie