Chapter 10 - Almost Time

Ethan P.O.V.   (A/N Oh yes I did)

I stepped out into the wide hallways of the royal palace from the kitchen, walking toward the front gates. The sound of different voices and footsteps was fading behind me, creating a quieter and quieter feeling around me. Almost every servant in the palace was getting ready for the dinner that is to take place this evening in around thirty minutes, the kitchen staff creating a four course meal for at least fourteen students, not including the royal family.

"This. Is. Your. House?!" I heard a female voice drift in through the cracked windows along the palace walls, but it sadly was not Princess Marinette's. Opening the tall front entry door at the front of the palace, I saw a girl with tan skin, glasses, and ombred brown to orange hair standing next to the princess. My heart began to beat faster as I stepped fully out under the over-head roof, now standing outside the closed doors and awaiting their arrival. Princess Marinette and a girl who i assumed was her best friend were laughing and squealing, slowly making their way over to me. 

When they reached me, they both stopped talking and the brunette nudged Marinette in her side playfully, turning her face red and goofy. I smiled kindly to them and bowed courteously, which was thankfully another way to hide my warm, and probably red, face.

"Welcome Princess Marinette Dupain-Cheng, and...?" I greeted, trailing off as I turned to look at the tall girl wearing glasses. She gave off a light smirk and held out her hand, less formally than implied.

"Call me, Lady Alya Cesaire," Lady Alya said, her hand still out. I looked down at it, then back at her. 

Am I supposed to shake it? I never learned any of this in training, I thought to myself. Then, I timidly extended my gloved hand to Lady Alya's, giving it a formal, single shake. She grinned, obviously trying to stifle a laugh as I greeted her with a 'Welcome Lady Alya Cesaire to the royal palace of China.'

Turning to Princess Mariinette, I saw her give Lady Alya a look and then she went to me. My face became even hotter than before as she flashed one of her beautiful smiles at me.

"Hello, Ethan. Good to see you again," She said softly, her voice sounding as though it were a melody being sung in the distance, blissful and serene. Her dark hair was gliding off and on her shoulders, her smile was cheerful and friendly, and most of all, her eyes. Those mysterious, deep sea blue eyes shone as though they were the sun, creating a luminescent glow wherever they looked. 

"Good to see y-you, too, Princess. Please, do come in, we have everything arranged for you to prepare for the dinner in your honor."

"Thank you, and you can call me regular-old Marinette if you like," She replied, almost making my heart soar. Princess Marin- I mean Marinette, just asked me to call her by her regular name! I could feel my mouth spread into the goofiest smile, my heart pound, and my face go hot. 

I honestly cannot wait for what these next two weeks are going to being for Marinette and me.

P.O.V. Change

Alya P.O.V.

As we stepped inside Marinette's palace, I gave her a sly smirk regarding Ethan, making her blush a little. She rolled her eyes and shoved me slightly, causing me to laugh like a hyena. Listen, I know Marinette has a never ending love for Adrien, but I'm a little worried over her small crush over Ethan. I mean, come on, they barely just met and they're already blushing over each other awkwardly, and I'm not saying it's different with Adrien, it's just... I hope Marinette will be able to sort this out, 'cause who knows what this may lead to. 

"Welcome to the palace, Princess Marinette and Lady Alya. Your clothes and items have been layed out in your room, so I suggest you go get ready. The party is in twenty minutes," An older man said, who had been standing on the opposite side of the two front doorways. He was wearing a butler's suit and tie, the train reaching the back of his knees.

"Whoa," was all I managed to make out as I studied what was obviously the throne room. It was incredible! Everything was so detailed and huge! The three thrones were placed next to each other, the tallest in the middle. There were drapings of yellow cloth across the ceiling, and red columns with gold Chinese engravings.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Marinette asked as she lightly tugged me by my elbow to a large staircase extending in to opposite directions. I was to speechless too respond, so I let my best friend drag me to the top and into a long hallway. She brought us to a door that was swiftly opened for us by one of her servants. 

Inside was huge! I-I don't even know how to explain it. The room still had a lot of pink, much resembling Marinette's room back in Paris, and it was so...so...amazing! I turned to look at her. She was giving me a silly grin as I gaped.

"Your room is awesome! Your whole house is awesome! I can't believe you live here! I can't believe your a princess!" I continued to shout exclamations of astonishment as I spun around, trying to take in every aspect of the room.

She giggled, "Thanks, Alya. Oh! I'm pretty sure Maman and Papa had these dresses imported from Paris!" Marinette ran across the room to two dresses that were hanging from hooks on the wall. "They're from Gabriel Agreste's lastest Spring/Fall Fashion Line!"

I walked over to her like a zombie, still processing everything that's happened in the last two hours, and stared at the dresses.

Marinette's dress:

Mine:

I carressed the soft silk of the dress and pulled it off the hook, admiring how detailed the jewels were

I carressed the soft silk of the dress and pulled it off the hook, admiring how detailed the jewels were. Marinette quickly grabbed her's and we put them on, giggling as we talked about boys and the 'royalty' stuff,  like we had been for at least the last hour. 

(A/N And we have now finished chapter 10! Whoo, I think I'm getting better at publishing new chapters more often. It's just I have a lot of stuff going on, but I will definitely do my best to post a new one every two days. Enough said, right? :D

Gotta go, have a wonderful day, Kittens!)

-Lennie