Chapter 26 (2/2) - Trust Me

Third Person P.O.V.

You may be asking yourself, "Umm, I thought you said the bond between a father and son would be tested soon. So, uh, where is it exactly?"

And as promised, they will, in this chapter and the next in fact. Therefore, please refill your popcorn and Coca-Cola, because we have more epic events waiting impatiently to unfold. If you forgot, here is a brief refresher from the last chapter:

After meeting the Gabriel Agreste's former kwami, Nooroo, Ladybug becomes face to face with that very man running to grab the butterfly Miraculous from her waist.

She, of course, raised her leg and extended it out, kicking him about twenty feet away. A loud grunt escaped his lips as he was sent flying across the room. Somehow, Gabriel didn't seem to have attained much pain, as he was back on his feet one more. Although, he seemed to be running in a 'z' formation. (A/N Hip rotation, hair sensation.. no? lol sorry...)

Chat Noir quickly ran in front of his partner, holding his arms up in a fight stance. Gabriel held no hesitation in running up and actually punching Chat in the face. They continued to fight, like they had done before, but instead it was a bit more mature, and less like a cat-fight.

While they continued their brawl, Ladybug looked at Nooroo, and then looked at the butterfly Miraculous. What was she to do with it? The idea of putting it on had crossed her mind multiple times, although there was another thought... What if she gave it to her classmates? 

No, that couldn't work.. She had to think of something. What was even more frustrating was the fact that she usually always had ideas or plans, but now her mind just seemed to be, sort of, blank.

"His ring," Nooroo whispered. Ladybug looked at him, confused. The kwami shifted his eyes over to Chat Noir and Gabriel, then back to her. 

Ring? Did he mean Chat's ring? But why would he suggest that? There's nothing I could really do with it. Well, I mean, I guess the one thing I could do was take it off, but why would I do that...?  Ladybug thought to herself, and ended it off with a small sigh.

Beep! Beep! 

Crap.

Since Ladybug had used her Lucky Charm, her time would run out and she would de-transform! This of course did pass through her head, and it was like a bolt of lightning to her.

What if, she cunningly thought to herself, Chat Noir was to show his true identity, in front of Gabriel, I'm sure that could really do something! Maybe Mr. Agreste would be too worried he'd hurt his son if he were to keep fighting him!

All of this had been in little time and her partner and enemy were still in the midst of their fight, until she finally decided. In a matter of seconds, she had handed Nooroo the butterfly Miraculous, unhooked her yo-yo from her waist, and took a deep breath.

She knew she had to hurry, for her Miraculous was to run out in less than four minutes, so she did her best to speed through every possible shortcut open for her.

Ladybug started off in a sprint and made it quickly to Gabriel and Chat, who were too engrossed with their fight to notice her presence. She first began to spin her yo-yo, then threw her arm forward, so it wrapped around Gabriel. He took a second to notice, but when he did, he tried his best to escape the tight grip.

After no avail, he groaned, rolling his eyes.

Ladybug kept her yo-yo tight around her enemy as she spoke to Chat Noir, "Listen, I need you to trust me." Her partner nodded firmly. "Good. Now I need you to just follow my lead, and be very careful."

Before anything else, her earrings beeped again, making her nervous. Chat was about to point it out, but felt it would be helpless, so he just readied himself for whatever she was about to do.

He stared into her eyes as she slowly pulled of his ring, slowly of course. At first, Chat was confused and terrified with what she was attempting, but fell to trust once more.

Make sure to remember that Adrien's very own father is standing in front of him, witnessing every small act before him.

It had started, the bright green flashes of lightning started from his feet, and made it's way all the way up to his neck. By this time Gabriel had already been very consumed with curiosity and desire.

Finally, the lightning had finished it's path and Adrien Agreste's face was clearly painted across the canvas that had been Gabriel's son.

"Hello, Father," Adrien said coldly, and empty of emotion. His eyes were like a London sky, grey and cloudy - shading any emotion other than hate.

The words hardly escaped his father's throat as he whispered, "A-Adrien?"