Chapter 6 - Where Have You Been?

Marinette P.O.V.

I opened the glass door to the rose garden eagerly, my anxiousness growing as I got closer to talking to my parents. 

My eyes were hit with the bright light of the sun as I stepped outside. I held my hand up to shade my eyesight. Soon enough, my vision returned and I saw Maman and Papa strolling around a beautiful garden with so many different roses.

 Soon enough, my vision returned and I saw Maman and Papa strolling around a beautiful garden with so many different roses

"Maman! Papa!" I yelled. They turned around and smiled. Papa and Maman held each other's hands as they walked toward me. I walked over to my parents and hugged them both. 

"What brings you out here, honey," Maman asked and released me from her embrace. I could feel my face change from happy to upset in a split second.

"Why did you extend our stay to two more weeks? Well, don't get me wrong, I love it here. China does feel like home, but my friends would be visiting the palace and meeting us if we stay!" I said and crossed my arms. They both looked at each other and sighed. "Wait, did you do know about them coming? Is that why we extended our trip?"

Papa put his hand on top of mine and smiled softly, "Dear, we previously heard from your principle that your class is coming on an informational trip to China and we told him you would meet them here - as regular old Marinette Dupain-Cheng, but you'll need to remember that when your classmates come to the palace, they will find out who you truly are. If you choose to tell someone before hand please let us know."

I sighed and nodded my head, "Alright, I think I'll just tell Alya, 'cause I know I can trust her."  They both smiled and hugged me again.

"Hello, Empress Sabine, Emperor Tom, and Princess Marinette. If I may, I have news," A man who seemed to be at the age of 28-32 years old asked from behind us. We turned around as Maman said yes. "We received word that Princess Marinette's Parisian class has landed in China. They are meeting at their hotel on the outskirts of Beijing, near where we are now. It is my knowledge that Princess Marinette was to meet her classmates at the hotel. We have booked her the Presidential Suite, which is conveniently located near the other students' rooms. Please let us know when Marinette is ready to leave, because we have her limousine parked outside the palace gates."

I gasped, "The Presidential Suite? That's awesome! Oh! Can Alya stay in the suite with me? Then it would be like a sleepover every night!" Maman and Papa nodded their heads and I squealed. I hugged them one more time and ran through my palace to the courtyard. There I saw a limo with a spray paint galaxy on it's side.

 There I saw a limo with a spray paint galaxy on it's side