Chapter 19 - Loud and Proud

Adrien P.O.V.

"Ladybug?" I whispered, mostly to myself. Mari and Alya looked at me in confusion. They both had been whispering and giggling privately amongst themselves, so I seemed to catch them off guard.

Is it really her? I asked myself. I mean, sure they really, really look alike, but Ladybug was brave and bold, while Marinette was shy and kind. Meaning they're completely different.

"I'm s-sorry, what?" Mari asked, raising an eyebrow. Alya placed her hands on her hips and lowered her glasses in suspicion.

I gulped and began to feel sweat form on my forehead. 

Before I opened my mouth to say something, the lights that lit up the hallway turned red and an ear-piercing alarm erupted from the speakers hidden on the ceiling. All three of us jumped and quickly covered our ears as an attempt to dull the sound. 

"What the hell?" Alya yelled, loud enough for us to hear. I looked at Marinette and couldn't help myself as I wrapped my arms around her. She buried her face in my neck and I covered her head.

"What's going on?!" I asked a nearby servant who had been standing by a doorway. He stood still, and faced forward, as if not hearing me. "Hello?!" Still nothing. I gave up and looked back at Mari.

She seemed to be terrified as she clenched her eyes tighter and tighter. The sound still hadn't stopped, so we silently decided to begin searching for someone who could give us an explanation. 

I let go of Marinette and we all ran through the halls until we found the rest of our class. They frantically ran toward us, holding the same confused expression upon their faces.

"Do you guys know what's happening?!" I yelled to anyone who could hear me. Everyone either shouted, 'No!' or they shook their heads. Still, the alarm rang through the palace.

Suddenly, a man in a black suit and black sunglasses came toward Marinette. I looked at her in worry as the man placed his palm on the small of her back, and escorted her to a doorway that I swear wasn't there before. She went in without even looking back, and the door slid closed. 

The alarm came to an abrupt stop, and the lights returned to the light yellow they once were. Everyone fell silent as we looked at each other with more confusion than ever. 

"Ahem," a deep voice came from behind me, "Please follow me as I escort you to another room of the palace."

I turned around slowly to see another man, similar to the one who had taken Mari away, standing tall above me. His black suit had not a single wrinkle, and is sunglasses not a smudge. He turned quickly, and we all were hesitant to follow him, but we did anyway.

After about two minutes of walking, we arrived to a sleek, silver door that stood out among the red and gold Chinese architecture. The man pressed an orange button on the side of the door, seeming to have activated another key pad to open. He pressed a variety of numbers, too complex to remember, and the door slid open. 

A dim, white room was revealed and the man walked in.

"Can someone please tell us what's going on?!" Alix shouted from behind Ivan, as we stepped inside

The man walked to a white board located in front of a table, and pressed an orange button identical to the one outside by the door. An image of my father, Gabriel Agreste, was projected onto the sleek surface.

"This man has set out to end the life of your classmate and Princess of China, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, and her mother, Empress of China, Sabine Dupain-Cheng."

My jaw dropped.

(A/N Yes I know I haven't updated and I know this is super short, but I've just been so busy with my trip to Paris that I haven't had time to write. I really want to, but I've been packing and shopping for what I'll need while were there. Don't worry I should update tomorrow, and if not, it'll be in less than too weeks. 

The good thing is is that I'll have a whole lot of inspiration when I return! Goodbye, my little kittens! Wish me luck! Au revoir, mon petite chatons! <3)

-Lennie