Chapter 29 - The End

Third Person P.O.V.

As the trio stepped through the doorway into the bunker, a swarm of curious classmates surrounded them like magnets. They all had questions that varied from, "What happened?" to "Where's Marinette?"

Of course, this wasn't new to any of them, considering Ladybug is a famous superheroine, Adrien is a famous model, and Alya is a famous reporter/blogger. 

Ladybug, herself, only answered the question about Marinette, "I'm actually going to get her now, bug out everyone!"

She ran around the corner to the closet she had transformed in before, and de-transformed. Her shaggy dress was returned, and she almost felt relieved that she didn't have to wear her suit for a while...almost.

Marinette returned around the corner, a sheepish smile across her face. Before Adrien could, Alya ran up to her and they embraced in a warm hug. Tears of joy formed at the corners of Marinette's eyes, and they began to fall on her best friend's shoulders. The hug slowly faded as they released one another.

"Marinette?"

Everyone in the room turned their heads to look at the Emperor and Empress, who had just walked in the room. The two looked extremely worried, and they had a right to be. 

"Maman! Papa!" Mari yelled and darted to her parents. They shared a loving hug together as the young girl's tears poured more and more frequently, due to her excessive amount of happiness. All the while her class was staring in a bit of envy, but mostly relief. Marinette was safe and sound, and there was nothing better than that.

After a few more moments of pure serenity and joy, Mari lifted her head from her father's chest, where it had been resting, to see Adrien standing there, patiently awaiting his own hug...and kiss.

She slowly let go of her parents, and walked over to Adrien. The light in his eyes grew brighter as he saw her, and every cell in his body was yelling at him to go and kiss her, but he knew this had to be slow. Both she and him had just gone through a lot.

Marinette moved closer and closer to her love, and wrapped her arms around his neck. Their eyes gazed deeply into one another, taking in every piece of warmth and happiness they could. The room fell silently as everyone stared adoringly at the two, especially Alya. (A/N Well most of them did if you know who I'm talking about) 

A few bright flashes of light erupted from several cell phones, but Adrien and Marinette didn't care. All they wanted was to be in each other's arms, and they had it.

Slowly but surely, they leaned in, closing their eyes. A kiss, one of many kinds, was shared. And at that moment, the whole room was filled with shouts and cheers of excitement, much unlike the first kiss. The feeling in the room was happy and full of bliss.

After Mari and Adrien gradually pulled apart, the sound of someone clearing their throat came from behind them. They both turned their heads to see the short, old man with the red Hawaiian button-up, khaki bermuda shorts, a cane, and sandals hunched over, patiently waiting for something. The happy cheering faded, and the room was once more a silent graveyard.

Marinette blinked. 

This was the man who help me with my yo-yo! She thought quickly to herself. Then remembered the butterfly Miraculous she had secretly hidden in the pocket of her dress. Mari grabbed it and walked over to the man. She knelt down and held it out, knowing in her heart that it surely belonged to him. He took it and whispered a low, "Thank you."

The princess smiled and stood back up, taken aback by the watchful, confused eyes of her classmates. Her face went from pink to red as she scrambled for an explanation for why she had the Miraculous, that is, until the old man saved her.