Chapter 9

Aaron

"Elena, I want everything ready for our meeting with the Japanese clients. I have been informed that they will be soon reaching here. Do a double-check on everything and report to me once again. Not a single thing should be left unseen. Do you understand?" I asked my secretary as we walked down to my office.

"Yes sir, I will make sure to check everything and report it to you as soon as possible. I have also informed Mr. Erik's secretary to do a check and keep Erik informed all about it. Mr. Erik had asked to meet you before they arrived here." She informed me. This client was going to be our gateway to the Asian market, only if we were able to impress them with our innovative technologies in the automobile sector. I wanted to see this company grow huge, the US and European markets were in our reach but the Asian market was still being ruled by the Japanese clients. We had to make them our friends or else the dream of capturing all the markets over the world would get lost.

"I will go and talk to him right now. You make sure to check out all the preparations." I told her before walking off to my brother's office on the other side of the building. I couldn't bear the sight of him every day. He was a fool, an idiot, and a believer of Selene. I had hated her ever since that fateful day when I found out about what she had done. She had destroyed people, and lives and acted as if she was innocent. She was someone's love, someone's sister but had been someone's idol too. I had kept my distance from my brother ever since that fateful day I had found Serilda in a pool of blood surrounding her. He wasn't worth my sympathy, love, and kindness like she wasn't entitled to anything because of him.

I was just in the corner of his office when my phone rang. 

"Who the hell it was, now?" I cursed before halting on my steps. An unknown number flashed on the screen. I declined the call. Nothing was more urgent than this meeting for me right now and I couldn't waste a second of mine on anything else. The phone rang in my hand once again and another declined and putting my phone on silent mode, I made it by myself as I continued on my walk to Erik's office. 

"Teressa, is Erik free right now? He wanted to meet me," I asked Erik's secretary whose desk looked like it was in a havoc.

"Umm," she thought before replying.

"He is on a call with the sales department right now. It will take another two to five minutes then you can go in. This Japanese client is taking its toll on me," She said searching for some papers. I laughed at this and felt the vibration of my phone. It was the same number. 

"If it's another marketing call, I might sue them," I said looking at my phone.

"It could be someone important," Teressa said looking at me.  

"Maybe," I slid the phone and picked up the call.

"Thank god, you picked it up at last." A female voice said and she sounded familiar but I couldn't pinpoint who she was.

"Please come home right now, I don't know what was happening to her. I might have just made it worse but she was acting crazy," The woman talked rapidly. Anything she said didn't make any sense to me.

"Who am I talking to?" I asked confused.

"Kelly, it's me, Kelly. Erik's housekeeper." Why was she calling me?

"I don't have much time to go on about other things Aaron but something has happened to Serilda," My heartbeat rose and all doubts left me being replaced by fear.

"She has cut her wrist open and she was acting crazy, breaking the mirror looking at herself. I have tried to stop the bleeding to a limit and I don't know what to do. Erik isn't picking his phone up and I really don't have any idea about what to do," she cried out. Cut her wrist open, acting crazy, Serilda. My breaths came fast. Fear like no other took me in. What day was it today?