Chapter 32

AARON

"Hurts doesn't it? Hurts to know that someone you had so brutally tried to destroy and humiliate, making sure she had no one to lean upon or cry to, has someone who loves her," my words rip away the anger off his face leaving behind the bitter taste of regret and guilt.

"You know I was there for her when she was at her weakest. I was there when she should have had you by her side but no you were gone and fucking that bitch who did nothing but ruin you. Like every other person I had thought the same you know that Serilda had been the one of the master mind. I was hurt you know because I was already in love with her, I knew it damn well she was the one for me when we first started dating, that there was no one else for me but look at me, I fell for the same lies that everyone did. It was the biggest mistake I had ever made, a mistake I regret each and every moment. A mistake that had made me realize that maybe my love for Serilda wasn't all strong then. It made me question myself, made me question my love, made me question everything. All because of Serena's lies, all because of her," Pain passed through his eyes as he looked at me. I saw him burn in agony just like I had once as I stood beside hm watching him exchange wedding vows with a woman who I had started falling in love with.

"That day when she had called, I had ignored her calls. Let them go unanswered but when she was persistent. Call after call and in frustration I picked it up to yell at hurt because I was hurt, felt betrayed and didn't even wanted to hear her but when I answered the call all I heard was her cries. The sound of her cries was so painful that it shook from deep inside. Her first word was 'help', she was begging me pleading me to come and please help her. She was so broken and in pain that it was hard to even understand her words. The only thing I knew was that I she needed my help, that she was in tremendous pain," the memory of her voice begging me pleading me to help her had imprinted itself on my mind. I could never forget the pain that made my heart quench with pain so brutally that I had felt that it was me who was hurting but not her.

"Do you know what night I'm talking about, Erik?" I ask him as I look into the eyes of the man who had hurt the only woman I love now. The person who stood right in front of me was not my brother but an abuser of a woman who held my heart and was my reason to live.

"Don't know or don't want to hear?" I taunt him. This pain that I had lived with for years wants to hurt him. I want him to cry out in pain same way that she had done, that we both had. Walking to the other side of the room between the bed and door to the bathroom I stood looking at him. However, my mind was far away trapped in the memories of that night.

"Did you know what I witnessed when I got in here following the cries that echo through the house?" I ask with anger in my voice and eyes as he stands there unable to meet my eyes.

"She was right here in this spot where I stand in. Right here, crying her heart and soul out, while you were lost in lust and illusion of love with Serena far away," his eyes couldn't meet mine and all I could remember was blood. "

"Serilda was right here sitting drenched in her own blood weeping and sobbing. It was a sight that had me rooted to my position as she cried out in pain all by herself surrounded by blood. All I could see in her eyes were pleading. All she wanted was someone to help her, someone to hold her. Was it that much to ask? Was it?"

"But maybe it was a lot wasn't it? I mean it was impossible for you to be at least human to her all because you thought she had ruined you," The anger inside of me roared.

"I'm sorry," he whispered as he fell down on his knees but to me, it wasn't enough. The broken man inside of me wasn't taking it. It wasn't accepting the apology. It wanted to hurt him the same way I had, the same way she had been hurt all those years.