Chapter 26

Serilda

Picking up my glass of champagne I look at Chyna as she gets up and move towards the corner of the hall getting ready to give the best speech of her life for my dearest sister-in-law. She just stands there waiting for the screen to lit up with those beautiful images of her beginning from her infancy to the moment until now.

"Good evening everyone," she greets cheerfully and no one could even imagine about the shit that went in her mind.

"So, tomorrow is the big day. I think we should give applause for the lovely couple to be?" Like morons, everyone started to clap while I just gave a small smile. If I started with clapping mine would have been the thousand in a sea of many as I was too excited.

"I'm so not here for my brother though. He is my dearest brother but he had been easily replaced by Serena and he himself did that, so don't you dare blame anyone else," she chuckled. "Serena is just like a sister I had never had but I'm glad about the fact she isn't my real sister. I assure you we would have fought a lot in our childhood then," some laughed at her statement.

"So yeah I'm more than in content in having in her life right at this moment when I'm grown up and mature," she added laughingly.

"She has been surely the best addition to this family I could have asked for. There really couldn't have been anyone better than her. She is the best. She loves someone from the deepest of her heart and she doesn't ever really gives up on the people she love," Chyna's word held a deep meaning as she looked straight at me.

"I'm going to take you both through the journey of their life. As always ladies first," She said smiling and the screen lit up with the baby photos of the beautiful she-devil. Never would have anyone thought that such a beautiful baby could have been turned so bitter.

"Wasn't she cute?" Chyna asks and few smiles lit up on people's face.

"She was a beautiful child as we all can see and as her parents told not much of a crier. She was a happy child. Wild spirited, explorer, adventurous and the best child parents could have asked for," the photos moved forward with age. I wanted to laugh at those words, the best child parents could have asked for, really? Gone was the sweet baby being replaced by the photographs of early childhood.

"Serena had discovered and loved so much in life that there is no limit. There is nothing she hadn't tried. Fishing, jumping, sky diving, horse riding and much more. You name it and she had done it all. She was in real words adventurous and true spirited," Yeah that she was but Chyna was missing things like drugs, jail, cocaine and the list could go on. Running away from home. Teenager her had taken up the screen and there wasn't many photos up to see there. I mean how could there be she was always running and doing illegal things in that age.

"There wasn't a person who could have hated her. She loved everyone which was reciprocated by everyone she openly loved. She lived the life and didn't let it rule it. Travelled the world, found the best and thrived for it. A few years later down the road, she found the love of her life," I sat up straight in my seat. This. Was. It.

"With my brother," Chyna looked at me and my eyes widened. She was fucking shitting. What the fuck she was doing. "Touching my brother's life she lit it up, made it brighter and lively. With every decision he took, she stood by him. She was his friend, his love and in true words his soul mate." I was seething from inside. Pictures of her and Nathaniel played on the screen. I wanted to laugh out like a crazy person. I was a fucking fool in believing her. My eyes looked at her but Chyna was just smiling. I was having a fucking heart attack sitting right there and she was fucking smiling. She was fucking betraying me. My thoughts came to a halt when I heard someone gasp. My eyes snapped to the person it was my mother and everyone eyes were glued to the screen. I turned to see it and I realised that I had to eat up my own words. There on the screen was my dearest husband in a comprising position with my sister. The date down there highlighted with the bright red, six months after our marriage. The wedding band glimmering in the photo.