Episode 25 - Girl Meets Senior Prom

Farkle knew it was an important dance, but for him seeing his girlfriend standing there in front of him while her parents took photos took his breath away. Statistically their relationship shouldn't have lasted as long as it has, they had been together since middle school, but after hearing the stories from his parents about Mr. and Mrs. Matthews, Farkle had something to hope for. Isadora was wearing a dark blue sequined gown, he knew it took her a long time to find it because Riley had told him. He also knew that one day he was going to marry Isadora Smackle and that they would change the world together. What he hadn't known was when a future with Isadora had become so permanent that he couldn't see a life without her there.

Love was a strange thing, he always thought he would have been left behind if Riley and Maya had fallen in love first but he hadn't, and they've all grown into stronger people since. It really was interesting to watch just how different they all were, both in and outside of their relationships.

"Mom," Isadora complained which only made him smile even more. Her parents were so normal compared to the genius that was his girlfriend, but that's what made her and her family so special. They encouraged Isadora to be who she was and if it weren't for that who knows if she would have ever asked him out.

"One more picture please," her mother said smiling and Farkle put his arms around Isadora and smiled at her. She blushed and smiled at her mother as she took another picture. "Thank you Farkle, now off you two go we don't want you to be late."

They had been ushered out the door and towards the waiting car, his father had insisted on them taking the rolls to prom and Farkle didn't deny his father's request. It had seemed so minor but the car was fancier than anyone he knew would arrive in.

"Is this too much," he said gesturing towards the car.

"No because it's you my beloved," Isadora said smiling at him.

That was another thing he had noticed over the years, she had become more comfortable not just around him but their friends. She spoke differently around them, but she also didn't lose her blunt nature. Watching her grow up to be this wonderful person was the best gift he could have ever received from anyone.

When they arrived at the prom location, he took her hand and led her towards the doors of the hall that had been rented out by the school. The room was covered in white and sparkling lights that made the room almost seem like an array of colors had washed the room in reds, yellows and blues. Farkle led them to the photo booth which only made Isadora groan, but they took their photo and made their way to their table. Their friends were dancing and having fun so when he set their things down he took Isadora by the hand and pulled her towards the dance floor. Waving a hello to his friends he danced with his girlfriend in his arms and a smile on his face.

"What are you thinking about beloved?" she asked him when he had stopped moving.

"It's just that, well this is it, high school is almost over and I just realized that everything I have I really never thought was possible for me."

"We grow, we learn, we love, and we continue to rely on those around us, it makes it seem as if everything is possible as long as you have the right people by your side," she said with a smile.

"As long as we're together," he said before kissing her.

---------

Their one-year anniversary was still weeks away, but Zay couldn't have chosen a better night to show the whole world how much he had come to care about the girl in front of him.

They had started the night early, having dinner with their parents at a nearby restaurant because they loved their families as much as they did one another. They had taken photos together, two families becoming one, his mother joked that maybe in a few years it would be possible. Zay didn't want it to be a joke, but he also just wanted to live in the moment so instead of focusing on their relationship, he focused on their families. His mother and father smiling more after Grandma Gandy's death, Cassie's parents asking them about their futures, Cassie's brothers laughing at some random joke.