Halloween

I dreaded this day for about a month. If Kawaii~Chan survives tonight then November 1st will be my new favorite day.
It was hours until the date with Kawaii~Chan and I was no closer to figuring out how to help her.
I decided to text Lucinda:

Zane: Hey Lucinda
Lucinda: Hey
Z: I'm worried, I don't know what to do about tonight.
L: Can you try calling it off?
Z: I tried earlier but for some reason, I couldn't.
Z: It was like magic made me incapable of doing it.
L: We've never considered that all of this could be because of magic.
Z: Is it possible that magic is a factor?
L: Yeah, but we would never know in time.

L: Zane, I have a crazy idea.
Z: Shoot
L: You know how you were supposed to get hit but she pushed you out of the way?
Z: Lucinda, I memorized every single part.
L: What if, she goes to get her purse and you push her out of the way? But you'll get killed or seriously injured...
Z: ...
Z: I'll... I'll do it.
L: Perfect!
L: Oh I uh mean that it's great that you're doing this for her. Good luck tonight!
Z: Thx

A couple hours passed and I had to pick up Kawaii~Chan in 10 minutes. What did I get into?

I went into the bathroom and examined myself in the mirror. Geez, you don't need to look perfect Zane!
I grabbed my wallet and keys off of the table and drove off to Kawaii~Chan's.
When I got to her door it flew open like a flash. There stood Kawaii~Chan in a pink dress. Her hair was waved. Her eyes were filled with joy and her smile was so innocent and sweet. I could feel myself blushing. Was my mask hiding it well?
"Hi Zane! Kawaii~Chan is really excited about our date!" Kawaii~Chan walked out of her house and shut the door behind her. She skipped to the passenger side of my black car with me behind her. I opened the door for her and she climbed in.
"You look p-pretty," I said once I put my seatbelt on. I could feel my cheeks blush. Why was I like this? I can't get more attached than I already am! No. If this is Kawaii~Chan's last day then I need to make the most of it.
"So you like fondue?" I ask, she had no idea where we were going.
"Oh Kawaii~Chan loves fondue! Especially all the chocolate!" She giggled.
I smirked at her.
She gasped so loud that I thought something was wrong, "IS ZANE~KUN TAKING KAWAII~CHAN TO THE NEW FONDUE PLACE!!!!!!"
I nodded and she squealed.
"Kawaii~Chan my ears," I laughed.
"Oops, sorry Zane~Kun. Kawaii~Chan is just really happy!"